2008 LX & Beyond Nationals (Columbus, OH)

Discussion in 'LX and Beyond Nationals' started by turbobuckeye, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbobuckeye

turbobuckeye Founder: LX Nationals

Extreme Makeover . . . . . . Explanation

There are a lot of questions and assumptions floating around out there about the EXTREME MAKEOVER so I am going to address it just this one time and from there on I will talk directly with the winners only about the makeover. In short, Chuck and I want to see the winners' vehicles completed as planned and they deserve it. Although the winners are very happy with the amount of work that was done to the makeover vehicles, WE are not satisfied and want to see everything completed as planned. Reality of the matter is this is not television or a video game, it is real-life and problems do happen during makeovers that prevent everything from happening as planned. Both winners have families and needed to get back home to their families and work on Monday so the cars had to be returned to them upgraded but not completed.

I know its been awhile since the contest was first posted but I do believe the intentions of the makeover was to do something very special for 2 very deserving people and at the end of the weekend 2 very deserving people received a whole lot of upgrades for nothing more than sharing their story and a little bit of who they are with all of us. How many of you actually read 4DEATER's letter that he submitted for the makeover? How many of you stopped by to congratulate 4DEATER and his family or wickedchargerrt or introduce yourself and get to know these guys? Both of them are class act people and if you didn't then you all missed out on what this was really all about. Cars are cool but this was about the people behind the cars first and foremost. Everyone will add their 2 cents because its human nature, but the only opinions we care about are 4DEATER and wickedchargerrt.

Bodykits were donated by GRIP TUNING for 4DEATER's Charger, and Xenon for wickedchargerrt's Charger. Both kits were FedEx'd to Keen's Body Shop in Columbus, Ohio to be painted on Friday. Upon arrival to pickup the kits, we found out they painted them the wrong colors. The black was not Brilliant Black and the yellow was not Top Banana yellow. They were told to sand and re-paint the kits the correct colors. Not sure how a professional bodyshop paints a kit and does not get the correct color code for the paint? But that is exactly what happened. After sanding and re-painting somehow they managed to over-bake the kits which completely ruined the Xenon kit and ruined the rear bumper of the GRIP TUNING kit. Also, the paint was not properly clear-coated, had runs in the paint, dust, fish-eyes, it was a nightmare. No way they were going on the car for the unveiling on Sunday looking the way they did, and there was no time to give them a 3rd opportunity to mess it up. The botched painting of the kits messed up a very well-planned schedule and put other parts of the build behind schedule. Everyone knew that the cars had to go back to the owners on Sunday afternoon and completed as much as they could.

Don't forget that 4DEATER received the first-ever Challenger-Style hood from TommyZDesign for the Dodge Charger. There is a list of people on the forum waiting for these and 4DEATER got to be the first in the country to get one. Literally, the hood was picked up fresh from the mold on the way from Michigan to Columbus, Ohio and installed on the SRT Charger. Because it is that new the flat black paint actually came out looking a bit glossier than it was suppose to but can be easily fixed. I am certain TommyZ will step up and get that issue resolved.

Honestly, it is very disappointing and disheartening to hear members of the LX community bashing the EXTREME MAKEOVER or the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS for that matter but everyone is fully entitled to their opinion. Who else in the LX community do you know that has even attempted to make something like this happen? Doing one car is a HUGE task, and in hindsight 2 cars was probably too much for the size of the crew working on the cars.

We are not going to address anyone that is bashing the event. Why? Its kinda like professional football (or any pro team sport), its easy to sit on the sideline (or in the bleachers) as a spectator and talk about what should be done, or how you would do things, but until you put on the uniform, lace up the shoes and get in the game at full speed . . . . . . . you have no idea.

I challenge each and every person that has something negative to say, to step up to the challenge and come out here next year and help us make it better for everyone. I also welcome each of you that had a good time to spread the word and return next year with even bigger expectations. I think we have a very good foundation which to build upon and a lot of good and sincere people that want to see this thing become a yearly event that everyone can look forward to.

Anybody that has never setup and run an event of this magnitude in all honesty has absolutely no idea what-so-ever of the amount of coordination, man hours, e-mails, phone calls, letters, lack of sleep, lots of bulls---, lack of sleep or time that it takes to make this happen. Ask guys like Fatchance and Fondy, this takes a whole lot of time out of your life. This is something that we did because we are LX platform enthusiasts like the rest of you and enjoy the people in the LX community. Sure, everything did not run perfect, and Chuck and I never promised anybody that this would be perfect but we did promise you an opportunity to gather together, have some fun, share some stories and meet the people behind the forum names and cars.

The folks at Mike Ward's Racing of Columbus, Ohio should be commended for the work and support they provided for this makeover. They went above and beyond what was expected and requested of them. Also, all of the forum supporting vendors that came out and put their hands on these cars and supported the project should be recognized and commended: Pedders Suspension, Billet Technology, Corsa Exhaust, Roadwire Interior, Southern Hotrod and American Racing Headers just to name a few. There is a lot of stuff that went into and under these cars that were not announced initially and you guys did not see from the pictures. A full breakdown with pictures will be posted as the makeover continues . . . . . .

Take Care,

Anthony Carter

More Info: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=118875

2. turbobuckeye

Car Show Results

CAR SHOW RESULTS

Best of Show Magnum - Full 7-piece Underhood Kit from Billet Technology ($300.00 Value)
    Pigman 440, Grove City, Ohio...............2005 Dodge Magnum

Best of Show 300 - Full 7-piece Underhood Kit from Billet Technology ($300.00 Value)
    AGGOST, Galesburg, Illinois...............2006 Chrysler 300C

Best of Show Charger - Full 7-piece Underhood Kit from Billet Technology ($300.00 Value)
    KRYPTONITE, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma...............2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Superbee

Best Exterior Award - Gift Certificate for 50% Custom Dash Cluster from Red-Fox Racing, 35oz Bottle of Speed Shine with Finest Sprayer from Griot's Garage ($163.00 Value)
    BadazBee-423, Parkersburg, West Virginia...............2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Superbee

Best Engine Award - One Custom Leather Console Cover from Jina's Sew Simple Embroidery (shipping and install included), 35oz Bottle of Speed Shine with Finest Sprayer from Griot's Garage ($163.00 Value)
    AGGOST, Galesburg, Illinois...............2006 Chrysler 300C

Top 5 Original

1st Place
    Diablo Sport Predator from Diablosport, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive,
    Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($428.00 Value)
    Hemipwr, Lima, Ohio...............2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T

2nd Place
    Halo Foglight Kit from Advanced Automotive Concepts, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($113.00 Value)
    cromagnumman425, Caledonia, Ohio...............2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8

3rd Place
    Gift Certificate from Gardner-Westcott, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($113.00 Value)
    1 RARE 05, Ohio...............Chrysler 300

4th Place
    Gift Certificate from Gardner-Westcott, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($113.00 Value)
    Mike Comp T/A #57, Loveland, Ohio...............2007 Dodge Charger SRT8

5th Place
    Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($63.00 Value)
    Daytona #77, Ontario, Canada...............2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T

Top 5 Modified

1st Place
    Diablo Sport Predator from Late Model Speed, 16oz Bottle of Ace 4 from B-N-D Automotive,
    Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($428.00 Value)
    HEMIFYD, Maryland...............Dodge Charger

2nd Place
    One Halo Foglight Kit from Advanced Automotive Concepts, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($113.00 Value)
    NC-SXT, Moosehead City, North Carolina...............2005 Dodge Magnum SXT

3rd Place
    SublimeDaytona268, Norridge, Illinois...............2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T

4th Place
    Knarley, Bellevue, Nebraska..........2007 Dodge Charger SRT8

5th Place
    Gift Certificate from Spark Plugs.com, Quik Care Detailing Kit from Meguiar's ($63.00 Value)
    rogerdoger, Columbus, Ohio...............2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Congrats to all of the winners!!!

Thanks for coming to the 1st Annual LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.
    Anthony Carter

3. Mike Comp T/A #57

Mike Comp T/A #57 11 Sec. Club

Car Show Results
    4th Place
    Mike Comp T/A #57, Loveland, Ohio............2007 Dodge Charger SRT8

Now do I keep racing or bling it out? :dunno2:

4. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

Hey Mike, did you run at Ohio, I never saw you on the track??.

5. turbobuckeye

decisions . . . . . . decisions . . . . . . is it possible to do both? :whistle:

6. turbobuckeye

Grip Tuning bodykit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if the GRIP TUNING bodykit is gonna happen or not now. Even though they donated the kit, now GRIP TUNING is saying they want the kit back since it did not go on the car for the unveiling. We explained the car is in the process of being finished and the paint on the bodykit is bad. I will post more details as this story develops......

7. turbobuckeye

FYI - Coming soon to a news stand or bookstore near you!!!

Thanks for posting. :rock:

8. turbobuckeye

9. Redfox0099

Redfox0099 NASCAR Tech Student

10. Jeff Hume

Jeff Hume Dude in charge

11. turbobuckeye

To: ALL supporting vendors of the 2008 LX & BEYOND NATS

The deadline for submitting any additional items you would like added on the DVD is Saturday, September 20th.

We recommend sending the digital media via mail instead of e-mail for best quality output on the DVD.

Thanks!

~Anthony

12. turbobuckeye

YELLOW LIGHT....We are almost GREEN!!!

Thursday, Nov 20, 2008

Hey Everyone,
    We wanted to give you all an update on the status of the DVD. I received the preview copy of the 2008 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS and absolutely could not believe the amount of coverage on there, it was like seeing an event I had never been to before. (Which is not too far from the truth since although I was there I did not get a chance to sit back and enjoy it. :)) I sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and think you will be very pleased once you receive it and see it for yourself.

I have given the DVD team a list of edits/adds/tweaks for the production copy of the DVD and after we have seen what the production copy looks like, your copies will be rolling out very shortly after Thanksgiving.

We want to thank the DVD team for taping the weekend event and putting this DVD together. For those of you that don't know, there were 4 video cameras running at all times on Saturday and Sunday. Also, GoofyTimL helped us out by covering the makeover and arrivals on Friday. Multiply all of those cameras times 3 days/8hrs each and that's a heck of a lot of video to sort thru. Gonna apologize in advance now for anybody that is not on there, but there was a LOT of coverage to consolidate onto the DVD.

Everyone please be safe over the Thanksgiving week and weekend. We wish you and your families all the best.

Sincerely,

Anthony Carter
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS

p.s. If anybody has any additional questions I can be reached via e-mail at [email protected] and Larry can be reached at [email protected]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.