99 neon sxt coil overs on Dodge neon srt4?

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by Jperez9627, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Jperez9627

Jperez9627 New Member

Anyone know if the regular neon Coilovers fit my srt4? People have told me the struts are wider on the srt4. If anyone of you guys can help me that will be great.

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

2ng gen neon suspension will swap over. the only thing is the coilovers need to have the sway bar perch on the rear. i dont think the SXT has a rear sway bar. the only difference ive seen in the struts is that the spring perch are 1/2" lower on the non srt models and will rub on the tires. What i would do is sell that SXT coilover set and buy some for the NSRT.

3. Jperez9627

Jperez9627 New Member

So the only thing that wouldn't fit would be the rear coil over with shock assembly? I just have the springs and sleeve no shocks. Would this fit the srt shocks?

4. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

So do you have these types

[​IMG]

or these

[​IMG]

I'm assuming its the second one. yes sleeves and springs will fit but unless its Ground control sleeve and springs its gonna have a bouncy ride. cheap chinese brands use one spring rate for all their cars. some ride okay and others will rattle your teeth out. i would just stick with what was build for the NSRT. Unless you already know how those ride in a regular neon.

If you want a cheap coilover that has a 2 year warrenty get some Raceland Coilovers. I havent used them but read other thread where people have had success with them.