A HUGE Thanks to Ozzie!!!

Discussion in 'Spring Festival' started by 1bad4dr, Mar 17, 2008.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Chris,

The Ozzie Speedfest was a total success my Aussie friend.

I was truely happy to see so many LXer's and Jeeps that came out to participate in this event.

The Auto X looked to be doing a great job. lol Even Redfox had his video camera mounted on the roof of his maggy getting some great cornering clips...

The 1/4 mile track looked to have the biggest turnout. I think I counted over 40 cars in line waiting to run down the course and another 30+ cars letting the engines cool down to make more passes.

Excellent job Chris.

Next year will be even better.

2. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Yeah, this is one event I was heartbroken to miss. Looking forward to taking part in the next one. :happy:

3. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

way to go Ozzie!

4. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

oz - man brother, you put on one hell of a show!!!! it was a pleasure to meet you finally, and get to watch all of the guys and gals do their thing!!! i actually thought i would only spend a couple of hours there, but i could not leave until it was all done!!! hahahahaha i will be sporting the speedfest shirt proudly on the east coast!!!

5. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Yeah Ozzie, your the man, That was a great event. I hope you got some sleep finally as O know you were running on empty. Sorry bout the 5pm donut I did bud really I got ahead of myself. To much H.P all day , Like testosterone it got me.
    Thanks again for all your effort Chris.

6. OurZoo

OurZoo New Member

Great job on the event Ozzie, thank you. I had a ton o fun.

7. 66dvlbrd68

66dvlbrd68 Gold Supporting Members

Bravo.

8. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

9. hemi8tr

hemi8tr SRT-HEMI

just wanted to thank Oz and all the people who made speedfest happen. it was something special. i have been at many events and this was the 1st i attended where ever one was cool. most of the time when the competition heats up people say and do things they shouldn't and it did not happen there. i would like to thank Josh from HOP and Chis (Trojan) for all the help with our car so far. we were not close to getting the car done and still was able to take 1ST place in LX 6.1 N/A Modified/street tires. cant wait till this Saturday when the car should be really close to done and really see what it will do. i am most thankful that i was able to have my son with me when i made the passes. he is hooked for life! the smile on his face and the enthusiasm he now has for the car and drag racing is priceless. and thank you all for this forum. i have never been into forums or chat until this car.

10. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Congrats to Ozzie and all involved wish I could have been there but I've been proudly sportin my Connection shirt as long as its clean

11. Reacher

Reacher SRTFIED

doh!

Missed it this year, took the lady to Disneyland. Definitely making it next year tho :)

12. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Ozzie, your the man. Had a blast.

13. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

damn ozzie, that is downright admirable of you to do. im sending some moolah and i wasnt even there...but ill be there next year so this is kinda a goodwill gesture. lol....and a bribe to do the same thing next year. :viking:

14. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

WoW! Just noticed this thread. Shows you just how zoned I am.

Thanks for the props, guys. The support has been incredible. Well worth the effort by everyone who contributed their time and opened their wallet to make this event happen.

Truth of the matter is, this event would not have taken place at all without the significant contributions of a ton of people.

1. Most especially, my good buddy Cam, who hooked us up with the Perris Raceway timing equipment, and, along with his righthand man Jimmy, somehow kept the electrical stuff running flawlessly. More importantly, your cheerful encouragement in the face of seemingly continual impending doom was a big help getting me through this thing.

2. Our incredibly supportive forum sponsors: Billet Technology, GS Motorsports, High Horse Performance and LXForums. Your presence, contributions, and the goodies you so generously gave away today, not only made the SpeedFest possible, but really made the event special for everyone! And a shoutout to the late-to-the-table arrival of Power Ported Performance and their generous giveaways at the end of the day. And the most-welcome appearance of the fearless overlords of the "C", Ron and Hal, and their generous donation on behalf of the SRT Connection.

3. The good-humored and tireless crews who worked the autocross and dragstrip, along with the many volunteers who kept things humming along at a steady pace. Thank you for being so generous with your time.

4. Fatchance, Tmagnum, Mighty Noid, JonW, SoCalRT, Trojan, ChargerGirl, plus all the SoCalLX regulars who were SO supportive of this event, with an especially big shoutout to JonW, who hosted and handled the website registration process and group emails for us.

5. Mike Bagnas (SDAutoXr) and his buddy Peter, for doing a fantastic job introducing the finer points of autocrossing to so many folks during the event.

6. Bruce Maichle from HHP for lending his expert advice to the drag racing guys.

7. DadsSRT for manning the registration table for most of the day, and keeping things moving at the front end of the event. (And the folks who I conned into "helping me out for just a bit" throughout the day. Sorry! :wink:

8. All the folks who got a taste last year, got online and boosted the event, and came back for more!

9. The many brave souls who, despite never having done anything like this before, took a deep breath, and decided to "have a go". Kudos to you.

10. And finally, the many folks, many of whom did not even attend the SpeedFest, who so generously contributed "after-the-fact" to the event fund. From the bottom of my heart ... thank you.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  15. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Great job Ozzie. I couldn't make it but look forward to next year and hope another will be in the works. Props to you bro!