And you thought they weren't gonna... '12 SRT8 Charger

Discussion in 'Site News' started by ChargerGirl, Feb 9, 2011.

1. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I like it except the front....looks like a fish gasping out of the water...:erm:

2. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

It's hungry! :)

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

LOL.....:grin:

4. ChargerGirl

Hell, I may put teeth on mine. :grin:

5. ChargerGirl

When I get one...like years from now...

6. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I kind of like it... except for that incredibly bad treatment around the fog lights. Side isn't so good either -- too flat.

they're just never going to come close to the Magnum again. :)

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

This car is sorta like the new mustang was for me....

I looked at it first...and immediately was like blah....

Then I looked at it more...and the more I look, and the more i see it, the more I like it.

That back just will not grow on me. I am totally sold on the rest....just not the back lol

8. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool...

9. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Wow... I'm hot and cold on it as well...

The 392: great improvement, but it could be forged.

Styling 1: It is Mitsu to a degree. The black area in front is nice, but my neighbor's EVO looks too similar. Good design aspect, but it looks copied.

Styling 2: The rear wing... horrible. The one thing appearance-wise even on my car which I didn't care for was the wing... and its back.

TBD: Handling. I read a review and it said the ride was smoother. I tend to translate that as softer... as in luxury-oriented. I read the suspension is adjustable, sport and normal (or terms similar)... I assume "sport" would make the car handle similar to our's did stock, given they stated the ride is now smoother for '12.

*Bash me now... but...

After driving the BMW 3 series, I realized just how NUMB our steering is on our SRT8's... I can only HOPE that Dodge did something about this... and imporved the overall handling characteristics to a great degree.

They upped the HP/TQ and flattened the curve with the 392... now to set an SRT8 apart even further, they MUST (or should have) reworked the handling and steering feel of the car.

OVERALL: I like it. As much as I liked our Chargers? Not really. It just seems like they made a solid effort to pretty the car up and give it some more juice... time will tell if the total package is a vast improvement. Afterall, the goal of SRT is to make a total package vehicle... and our European counterparts (aka: BMW) are making total packages... I hope the SRT can do the same... Dodge has the know how and ability... and for a price in the mid $40's, it should turn out that way. Lets hope it does!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  10. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

[bash coming] ummm, do you think that might have had something to do with the fact that you always opted for the cheap azz tires? (and did you ever get the hotchkis sways?). Ask Rick if his steering hasn't gotten less numb with the NT05's.

11. ChargerGirl

Yeah, there is significant difference just based on tires. I can say this having gone from the Eagle F1s to the toyo truck tires for the sake of economy. BIG difference in feel and handling. And the Hotchkis swaybars added a lot compared to the stock swaybars.

But Jason now worships at the Bimmer Alter...so y'know.

Did you notice the new Charger SRT has two different suspension damping modes? Auto and Sport? Again...click the damn link and read!

12. MotherMopar

Vreds are cheap or lowsy tires?

13. ChargerGirl

Alright then, I guess it won't appeal to BMW and European car fans. And yeah, they are on a whole different level and yeah it'd be nice if our cars could be that awesome I guess. But then they'd probably cost more and have a smaller market of people interested in them.

I got my Charger because its a fun ride, more fun than anything I've ever owned and because it has a physical presence and attitude you just do NOT get from any other vehicle out there, save maybe the Viper. I'm glad its nothing like a BMW or a Mercedes and that it doesn't appeal to Europhiles. I wouldn't have been interested in it if it was. If I want a BMW, I'll buy a BMW. But no, I wanted a Mopar, a Dodge. A vehicle that mucks around with the laws of physics, a land yacht I can take to Willow Springs and terrorize the piss out of the little AWD four-bangers with, and still drive my kid to her toddler music classes and doctor's appointments. I also get compliments at the gas pump, and at the stop light and hell, interviews on AOL Autos. I don't think any of that would be possible even in the best that BMW has to offer. I'd just be another one of those BMW owners. Whoop-ti-do.

Now, all that being said, while I prefer the looks of my Charger to the new one, I'm happy they've improved the interior and what's under the hood. I look forward to seeing one in person, hopefully at SpringFest. And yeah, I definitely want to get one whenever my financial situation allows.

14. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Another bash coming...

Jason, let's get something straight here.

1) Unfortunately your expertise on vehicles is limited at best, so your synopsis of the two doesn't hold much on a "Dodge" forum.

2) In actuality, the 3 Series, IMO, is a step down from the LX platform vehicle. Not even comparible.

3) No one here cares about BMW. Again, this is a forum for Dodge/Chrysler SRT vehicles.

That is all.

15. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I will not bash but have to at least say this.

Brudda,

You are expecting a BMW 3 series type driving eperience from a car that's the SIZE of a BMW 5/7 series.

You would be better off comparing a 3 series to a NSRT4/CSRT4.

I know you and rick both are BMW guys now, which is cool with me, but understand where you are coming from.

Why don't you compare the $40k version of the 5 series (the base 528i is the cheapest, and MSRP Starts at $46k) to our cars? or the '12 in sport mode because that is a more fair comparison.

MoMo, I love ya but it does sometimes appear that you want the response you got lol.

Hope that wasn't "bashy" cause i didn't mean it to be, just trying to put some stuff into perspective.

16. MotherMopar

Sorry for forming an opinion.

17. OneLook

OneLook New Member

Sexy as hell, but... can you say "evo" ?

[​IMG]

18. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

i like the new design of the charger n the wheels.465hp,not feeling that at all.480-500hp,would sound alot better.

19. kingnate

kingnate Full Access Member

looks like an evo, which is fine cause like the way evo's look. Missing the turbo though. ;)

20. Jimtete

Jimtete Full Access Member

I kinda like the new look ...... I dressed it up a little .....

[​IMG]

Jim