Are Americans Stupid? Or Just Lazy?

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion Discussion' started by Bazooka, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

Posted 26 June 2010 01:00 PM
    I got a wild hair and decided to take all of five minutes to get the U.S. population, then the amount of people that currently have Medicare in the U.S.

U.S. Population 2010, 309,594,207

Medicare recipients in U.S. 46,589,141

As if this amount of people using Medicare isn't enough? We are now adding another thirty two million. Which takes us up to 78,589,141 medicare recipients or insured people who haven't paid a dime for it....

The current Medicare annual bill is damn close to one trillion dollars.

To ad to the stupidity!!!

We are close to owing China more money then our current economy is worth.

We print money like it's free?

Our own debt is ridiculous.

There is an oil leak caused by a foreign oil company. The leak is being left open and used for political gain.

Arizona is the only State to stand up and do the right thing in this country.

We as a people are letting illegal immigrants, be it Mexican, Canadian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Arab, That list goes on and on, Now there taking our jobs, changing our way of life, getting free health care, housing, business loans, property. Every benefit that an American has a hard time getting.

My son is going into the Air Force, He has a very high percentile with all of his testing.

His recruiter asked him if he has any Latino blood or descendants? Of course he asked Why?

The recruiter said and I quote! You'll advance a lot quicker and you will have a better chance of not going into actual battle.

Now I ask the question? Are Americans Stupid? Or Just Lazy?

2. Goats

Goats God of skittles

There both

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

This!

4. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Eh, if you're White or Asian or both you're less likely now to get into good schools because doing well in school puts you at a disadvantage per the affirmative action types. So good luck to my kid getting a degree from anywhere other than BFE university.

Yes its stupid, mostly because those brats who always cried about "its not fair!" back in grade school are now running things and taking it out on the people THEY perceive as bullies.

Newsflash, LIFE isn't fair.

As for the money thing, when you have a group of people elected to run things who have no clue about money, finance or capitalism and who pick their friends to help them, well here you go, idiots with credit cards. Its like everyone who ever annoyed me growing up is now in charge and if I say anything about it, I'M the bad person.

Here's an idea, if you want a say, VOTE, but do your damned research first instead of voting like its for homecoming king and queen.

So yeah, both.

5. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

when the underlying attitude of the people in the country (ALL PEOPLE) changes away from the current "something for nothing" attitude, we will continue to go down the pathway we are on............ for some reason people feel like they are entitled to everything.......whether they did anything or not........

6. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

There are more then just what I listed doing these things. Some will say when the economy is doing well here no one cares. Ok, I say right now some Americans are fighting for there very existence as a people and a country, be it Mexican, Canadian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese or Arab Americans, politically we are suffering here in the U.S. and some are afraid to even say they are American when there in other countries. Financially we are in the worst down fall since the depression. I have heard some say what if the illegal immigrants leave the U.S. who is going to do all of the work, what would happen to the economy then. Here is the answer! It would thrive and thrive for longer periods of time. Insurance rates would fall, Finance rates would shrink and level out, The cost of oil/gas would lesson, Our national debt would be non existent in short order, There would be more American cars on the road/sold, wages would sky rocket. This list is tiny as it would affect every aspect of America.

I am a fifth generation American, My great great grandparents did it right and legally, They suffered there lives away trying to build there freedom as Americans, Americans have fought and died for the right to be free! Now what! We are going to just give freedom up because of some political garblety goop.

Obahma is trying to back door the amnesty the same way he did universal health care and for what? Votes! Only the greatest treasure Americans have (Voting)

America has fought for every freedom we now have. I am just not willing to give it up to be politically correct and liked by the rest of the world!

America does everything for every country and the spoiled have their hand out like all of this just is, no we have to work, fight and earn our rights!!! So if illegal immigrants want to really do something and have a say? Then sacrifice your lives the way true Americans have!!!

7. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

If laziness is measured by productivity then I offer the following:

NY Times article published in 2007:

The US leads in overall productivity followed by Ireland and then China. When the actual hours worked are factored in, as in productivity per hour worked, the US falls to second behind Norway and France is third.

8. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

I will try not to add to the stupidity. I think I understand where you're trying to go with your argument however you seem to be upset about so many topics.

Our US KIA's number over 6,000 souls in the Iraq/Afghanistan theater. I think if you read through the names and view the pictures you'll see that this war knows no racial boundaries.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/war.casualties/index.html

As for your other topics:

Medicare
    Productivity / GDP
    Immigration
    Economic concerns
    Unemployment
    Inflation
    US dollar vs. foreign currency
    National debt
    Interest rates
    Oil Leak

Your thought process sounds more rant than any cohesive message or possible solutions. I'd also be more inclined to listen if you offered any solutions or even if you spelled our President's name correctly. (there's no H in Obama)

Finally I'll offer this. I spent the better part of this week with my brother-in- law who just returned from his 5th tour in the Middle East. He's seen heavy combat on every tour as he's EOD assigned to a special ops team. I listened to him recount RPG attacks and how surprisingly resilient thick mud walled huts can be. He never once complained, he's not bitter and no matter how "broken" our country may be, he still serves proudly and was happy to return home to friends and family.

Getting upset is not the answer. Posting on the internet never solved anything. And you'll never legislate a moral conscious, sense of duty or patriotism.

9. 3vom

3vom USMC Staff Sergeant

My only question is: Is he still willing to waste his time with the Air Force???

What would be the point of going into the ARMED forces if you do not fight for your country.... I am just saying:usflag:

10. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

Complaining and telling the truth are two entirely different things. I know a lot of Military men who have served in many wars. The rules of engagement in the middle east and this war LOL These rules of engagement are set up to lose in Afghanistan. If you even know what they are???

As far as my topics? They are all interconnected if you understand what has happened since Obama (there are you happy) was elected.
    I wasn't trying to legislate or show any duty or patriotism. As far as Moral consciousness, I guess it struck right where I wanted it to......:usflag:

Attacking me personally doesn't help the point you were trying to make.....

11. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

Well? He is not Hispanic........ So I guess he'll just have to fulfill his duties.......

12. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

Anything written in any Newspaper isn't worth the thin recycled paper it is written on......IMO

13. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

Bazooka,

Not sure what you took as a "personal attack" but I think your subsequent posts have clearly defined what I feared. Good day sir, you will now be placed on ignore.

cvp33

14. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

When I was finishing in college there was a job wanted area where hundreds of flyers were pinned up. There was an ad for the Minnestoa State Patrol placed there I assume by a representative. It listed the job description, pay, contact info bla bla bla.

At the bottom, in bigger letters, it read "NON-MINORITIES NEED NOT APPLY"

Nice, eh? How far does it need to go...?

15. cvp33

cvp33 Full Access Member

When I was a kid, there was a sign on a restaurant door that read, coloreds not served. When I was a kid, my friend was killed because he spoke to the wrong girl of the wrong color. When I was a kid............

16. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

LOL What are you Five........

17. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

King Savage is referring to a Watermelon and you are referring to Grape. (Meaning?) He is talking about a form of Government, You are talking about some idiot business owner.

18. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

I took all of this as a personal attack, first on the United States then as I thought about it? I took it as a personal attack.....

19. Bazooka

Bazooka New Member

Now this too, I never called you out? Until now!!!

20. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

These types of discussions are great and have their place here just keep in mind no personal attacks on any member will be tolerated, carry on!!