Body Work...

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by kilroysneon, Aug 9, 2009.

1. kilroysneon

kilroysneon Kilroy is long for Kill

I have had my 2005 NSRT-4 for about a month and a half now. Getting all the kinks worked out of her, and learning alot in the process. Got the vac line issue solved...hopefully! thanks to alot of paticnce from kingnate:friends:

Anyway now i am wanting to move on to my next issue. body work.
    When i picked her up from the car lot the drivers side has some issues. nothing that keeps the doors from opening or closing, windows from operating properly or anything like that.

drivers side front door has a crease in it. about a inch and a half from where it meets the rear door. and it runs about 3/4 of the door up and down. only noticable when the light hits it just right.

drivers side rear door has a more serious issue. it has a more serious crease in it about two inches from where the front of the rear door meets the front door. it is about twice as deep as the front AND it has a deep scratch in it. Looks to me like someone backed up with the doos open and caught the rear one and pushed it into the front door while it was open an inch or two.

i am thinking body filler and sand paper to repair this?

the biggest issue out od all of it is the top of the rear wheel. looks like someone backed into it? (before i filled and painted my wheels there was a deep scratch in it) anyway it looks like someone tried to knock the dent out but creased it even wores. kind of looks like wrinkled up foil now. they sprayed rustoleum on it to cover where the paint was knocked off. looks like crap!

can it be knocked out relatively straight with a hammer and dolly, and then filled with a little body putty?

my last issue is the front bumper cover of her. it looks like REAL crap! LOADED with rock chips, and bugs that etched the paint. not to mention that someone cut out the crosshais and didnt finish the job (found the how to to fill the holes, going to do that when i do the wheel well and doors). really bothers me to have it looking like this.

my question there is is it feasible to try and repair the front bumper? i mean i have alot more time than money! lol

i am not trying to put 100 lbs of body putty on my car. not trying to spend alot of money on someone else doing it either. this is something that i want to tacke myself and get it right. does anyone here have any tips and pointers, or know where to point me to refrence the proper way to go about this? thanks for any useful input on this!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

First 3 picts try claybar kit to get some of those imperfections out.

3. kilroysneon

kilroysneon Kilroy is long for Kill

tried it a little bit. got some of it out. the pics dont do it justice. alot of it is down to the urathane, or plastic or what ever it is made of!