BWoody 4" CAI Install Questions

Discussion in 'How-To Database' started by robdawg1691, May 16, 2008.

1. robdawg1691

robdawg1691 New Member

I just got my BWoody 4" intake and I have a few questions/concerns, I was wondering if anyone could help me that has some experience with BWoody and their products. ( I tried doing a quick search but couldn't find anything specific enough, and I'm too excited/impatiant to read a million semi-relevant threads.)

1. Is the powdercoating supposed to look perfect? Mine seems to have a few spots that don't look smooth, some spots that are off color (sort of looks like a water spot).
    2. How difficult is it to install this CAI? I've installed K&N intakes before and had no issues, but the BWoody instructions seem to be pretty over-simplified. I can't even figure out which way the tube goes, I feel like a real idiot! haha. Anyone have any better directions than the 1 sheet included in the box?
    3. Can the rubber hose that is included with the CAI setup be swapped out for a SS braided line like the ones used for the catch-can?

Thanks for all of your help. I'm going to try to get some pictures up as soon as my roommate gets here w/ his digital cam.

2. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Yes on the hose and call me for help 254-715-8021-Wade. In fact their new 4" intake is easier to install since its one piece instead of 2. Just remember to disconnect your negative ground on your battery so the IAT sensor does not freak out when removed from the stock intake, ohhh that is a PITA to remove I ended up cutting mine out of the stock intake tube

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Have you tried calling Mike or Gregg?

If they do not answer the phone, leave a message. They are very good at returning calls and giving assistance.

4. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Removing the stock stuff is pretty simple like I said the hardest part was removing the IAT sensor from the stock intake tube and you may have to remove the front grille to get that plastic air feeder out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Put the filter on from coming up from under the jeep you will have to pull back on the wheel well liner but it will not hurt a thing, push it onto the end of the intake tube and let the wheel liner go that will hold it in place so you can go back up and tighten it on. There will be one more bolt to hold the intake tube in place (see picture above) it should be a small bolt, larger washer and a locking nut. Go back to the throttle body and tigthen down the clamp there, run you new hose and dont forget to plug in you IAT sensor

5. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Mike and Gregg take pride in their work if your not happy with the powder coat work they will fix it so if its not up to your standards its not up to theirs either.

6. robdawg1691

robdawg1691 New Member

thanks so much for your help guys. Wade - when are you going to be around? I don't want to call you and interrupt anything. I'm either installing this tonight, or tomorrow.

Again, thanks so much.

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Only thing you would interupt would be Wades special one handed exercise time... dahahahahahahahaha

8. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Call me anytime tomorrow just got back from the track

9. HotScott7

HotScott7 CUSTOMIZER

lol, Wade is definitely a "jack off" of all trades....

The Bwoody is honestly really simple, especially the 4 incher...I would use the rubber hose, as it would be hard to slip a braided hose over the nipples considering the braided part will not have a fitting to hold it in. So the braided part would be (if you will) un-braided on the ends making it look like hell.

Anyways its super simple I would put the filter on the intake tube, tighten it up and slide it down in front of the fender to where it goes(this part is going to take some effort.) Then bolt it to the truck with the bolt and bracket provided by Bwoody and then I would line it up and install the rubber 90 degree elbow onto the throttle body and intake. Then you are done after you get the IAT sensor back on. Just be careful taking the IAT out of the stock intake, its a bitch, but if you take your time and do it right you wont break it.....A LOT of people break that so try not to add your name to that list! :welcome:

It is harder taking the snorkel out with the stocker than it is to install the new bwoody....

10. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

FIXED!! Guess you were thinking real HARD about me, THANKS!!!

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  11. Jim383

Jim383 07 SRT-8 GC

Has there been any dyno or track time on the 4 in one to compare with the 3.5 in on a car with just a tune and cat backs or given just a tune for mods?

12. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Jim I dont believe you will see much of a difference as close to stock as you and I are going from a 3.5 to 4" intake, the biggest help would be the new location of the AIT sensor closer to the filter and then fabbing up a heat shield like stanko and patrickg make. I'm still trying to figure out a way to relocate mine on my 3.5 BWoody, plugging the hole and tapping a new hole and moving the AIT further down but I'm nervous about getting the new AIT hole perfect so that the AIT sensor will fit in there properly