Cat's, and I aint talking converters

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Dookie, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

How in the hell can I keep cats off my car?????????

I live in a Condo and have an 80+ yo retired LSU professor neighbor that is a very nice gentlemen, problem is, he has two cats and they love to sleep and walk all over my car at night. I DETEST cats, and it would be very easy for me to pluck them off with my Ruger 10/22 and be done with it. BUT, he is a very nice man, and really has no one that I can tell, and he lives for those fucking cats. So i don't want to hurt them (well, yea i do) so what can I do?

I need a remedy to this problem and not hurt the cats or old Professor Virgil.

PROVEN techniques are appreciated.

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

They got that cat repellent stuff right? Spray that on pieces of carpet or rags and leave on car. Pretty soon cats learn that they don't want to go sleep on the car.

Spray a border of cat repellent around your parking space.

Buy dog that sleeps in car.

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

get a garage...

4. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I didn't know they made a cat deterrent spray...wonder what it will do to paint?

Ron...Condo...covered two car parking, no garage. I have a garage at my other house, but i reside here...

5. Quick

I wouldn't risk it on the paint. If you're going to put it on the car then put it on some sort of pad that's waterproof on the bottom and put the pad on the car. I like the idea of spraying it on the ground around your parking space.

http://www.cat-repellant.info/

6. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

get a dog...leash it up next to the car :)

7. Goats

Goats God of skittles

paintball gun /thread

8. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

I would check into the Condos rules on pets the cat being out like that could be a violation of rules and also check city ordinance as well. In my town cats are not allowed to roam freely due to passing on diseases and transferring fleas/ticks, heck one of my neighbors cats got loose for 2 days and was over 2 blocks and scratched up a car real good and he was sued for damages. To me a cat scratching a car is no different than a person keying a car and should be treated the same the only other option is to go take a poop on the old mans car and see if he likes it.

9. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Frozen paintballs:miner:

10. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

You guys are too nice to the pussy, BB gun and be done with it.

11. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

X2....

I have a couple of Japanese gas powered air-soft guns. It sure as hell taught my cats to stay off my counters. Only took one shot!!

But, make sure they are NOT on the car when you shoot them. The last thing you need is scratches on your hood when they scramble off of there.

12. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Cats like me for some gawd-awful reason, something about pheromones or something I was told. In the old days I'd be burned as a witch, right? Anyway, yeah, same damn problem with cats curling up on my hood because the HEMI stays warm for HOURS after you turn it off. I've since started parking further away to avoid trees and stupid people in priuses. Sure the extra walk sucks, but the cats, birds and trees don't attack my car any more. I'd go with the cat repellant. Or, since you're into poo, get some tiger poop and make a border around the car. I heard that the smell of larger predator poop tends to scare off critters. :blink:

13. Muellge

Muellge the Big Greasy

.177, three to four pumps, never while on paint, or they do the Tom and Jerry claw grab on your clear coat.

14. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Love the responses :)
    The Condo HOA does have very strict rules and regulations. I'm just not the tattle tale type. I like to think I can solve my own problems with people. Going to them is cowardice to me.

Pellet rifle can be effective i guess...I trained some old neighbor's two dalmatians not to bark at night like that once. What i'm concerned with is, when do I shoot them? if I just randomly shoot them, how will they know i don't want them on my car?

Could buy a car cover, but it's a PITA and not cheap, plus they may like it better.

I'll try and give the repellent a try...maybe the spray and frequency type with motion sensor, will have to check with HOA and see what the rules are so not to get fined.

15. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Well, I learned Ulricas cat some manors just using a water spray for flowers, while its doing wrong, spray the cat with water...
    Cats dont approve, and will learn, not harmfull and you can probably get your neibours blessing, what wont happen if you shoot at them...LOL

Fredrik

16. Quick

Car covers are for indoors. outdoors they are going to ruin your paint. Now if the amount the car cover ruins your paint is way less than how much it would get trashed without the cover then it's an option (like parking under sap spewing trees).

Think about it.
    Any breeze or wind is going to be moving the cover....on the paint. Doesn't matter how careful you are removing it and putting it on, like folding so outside only touches outside and inside only touches inside, you WILL get dust and dirt and worse on the inside of the cover. It will blow in from underneath while the cover is on the car if nothing else. The covers are not sewn with 100% cotton fiber thread either. It's going to be synthetic. So the wind works the cover all day/night and gradually sands/scratches your paint job... You're going to do the same while putting it on and taking it off... Fail.

If you use a cover for extended periods there is the problem of condensation under the cover. If the cover is water proof then it can't breath and condensation will be trapped under the cover (and get cooked during the daytime). You're going to end up with mold and fungus. Not good for your paint or other parts of the car. If the cover breathes...then dust can permeat it. see above... Fail.

That's my feeling about car covers.

17. willtransco

willtransco Full Access Member

LOL Then the dog pisses on his wheels!

18. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I actually thought about hooking up an electric fence to the car's body, but second thought said my PCM might get fried or something.

Good points about the covers Dave, thanks for that.

19. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

Heres what you do.

Go put a blanket over the car around the time you know the cat will be there. When the little bastard jumps up on the blanket, shoot it with a BB gun. That way, you get the thing while it's being bad, then you go take the blanket off.

Just my .02.

The water spray is a good idea too, but they will scramble with claws out at that too.

20. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire