Charger goes into Goolsby's on Monday! Here's the list.....

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by SRTLUVR, Aug 24, 2011.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

**UPDATED WITH BUILD PICS**
    So freakin stoked! It's about damn time! The whole thing should take around 1-2 weeks, just depending on their workload. But the fact that it's getting started just makes me giddy!! :)

#1) Remove washer nozzles from hood, and all lines underneath. Weld up nozzle holes and repaint.
    #2) Shave third brake light & keyhole on trunk. Hand fabricate new low profile metal spoiler into trunk and repaint trunk. Trunk will be totally shaved and clean.
    #3) Color match tops/sides of new Flashtech LED halo tinted tails, to blend in with the rest of the car.
    #4) Wet sand & re-clear any "problem" areas on entire paint job (the few that exist, lol).
    #5) Hood, roof, and trunklid top all painted flat black.

I have one small dilemma, or conflicted thought to overcome, that I just can't decide if I'd like to do or not. I'm not gonna say anything, because it hasn't been done yet, and I don't want to spoil the reveal if I do it. But it'd be COMPLETELY unique, however, VERY MUCH out of my normal style. But the above list is getting completed for sure.

Just to show you guys the scale of work that Goolsby does, here's a link to their website. This will give you an idea of the quality of work these guys do, and the level at which they play ball.
    http://www.goolsbycustoms.com/

Hell, at this point, I'm just trying to keep up with Alex, Simon, Patrick, Chris, Ron, Ralph, etc........fuggin jerks cost me too damn much money. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Sounds like a wicked plan CHase, hope it goes well.

Concern...How will the facia blend in with the flat hood, are your bringing the flat black into the grill area?

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Damn Chase, that's awesome! Can't wait to see it.

sigh... I'd be happy if I could only shave that huge wiper off my rear gate.

4. SRTLUVR

Thanks boys!!

Kyle - still working that dilemma in my head.......

5. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

How about right down to the top of the bumper?

6. SRTLUVR

Okay.....here's the dilemma.....
    ULTIMATELY. What I'd like to do, is how Jimmy did his Charger, all along the ENTIRE top of the hood & fenders.....BUT, then I have to carry that line all down the top crease of the tops of the doors, and onto the rear curves/haunches. And I DON'T want to do that.

But at the same time, I don't want a hard line where it stops and starts on the front clip either. So that's my problem. I may not do the flat black. Simply because I cannot make up my mind where to stop it and start it.

7. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Whatever you choose to do it will look great Chase, your taste in cars are impecible!

Fredrik:popcorn:

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Kick Ass, Chase.

You will LOVE the shaved area's for sure. Don't forget to remove that ugly ass wiper fluid reservoir. ;)

9. SRTLUVR

Thanks Fred! :D
    And yes Ron, I'm thinking that over as well. I just have to figure out what to put in the big empty hole that will be left in my ABS cover.

10. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

chase - i love the flat black look with using the brilliant black as a "stripe" or some other contrast through the hood. you would definately want to carry the theme into the fascia one way or another.

ron - chase better leave that wiper bottle just in case........... just in case he actually does get a blower, he can use it for the meth system he will undoubtedly install!!!! it actually is quite convenient...... when ever my meth gets low, i have a little notice come on the evic! lol

after his ride in my car to the track at the shindig all he kept saying was how badazz a blower sounds!! lol

11. SRTLUVR

Yeah. Still trying to figure out how to incorporate the flat black......I'm very conflicted.

What I'm thinking is get rid of all the plumbing for the windshield washers, but keep the bottle in place til I find a solution for it. Or.....do a blower, lol.

12. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Shove a tennis ball in the hole. lol Mol is going to custom make me a cover one of these days. Just sayin. ;)
    It can always be reinstalled. However, I don't think Chase should add a blower. He just might get another coolant and fuel leak issue. :p :flowers:

13. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

Yeah, just sayin. :hug:

14. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Incorporate the grill area, and berger panel, leave the rest alone. Have you thought about a complete two tone, flat on top, including the top of the sides and follow the body line with the tear dip on the rear door.

15. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Dang Chase...you are definitely the mod king!!....cant wait to see the outcome...I know it will be top notch!

16. SRTLUVR

Yup. That's what I DON'T wanna do......
    Shit. Whatever Larry. There's guys KILLING me, lol. Just figured I "customize" a bit while she goes in for some paint repair anyway. Thanks for the support big guy, you're always there for me, lol. :)

17. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Why, i think that would look bad ass.

18. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

QUIT thinking... :hug:

19. SRTLUVR

Because it'll cost a good bit more money, on top of what I'm already spending. :)

20. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

money????? whats that?????? lol