cooling fan reset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barovj, May 23, 2013.

1. barovj

barovj New Member

Folks I need your help. I own a 2006 srt8 Magnum. I bought it new and its my favorite vehicle that I have owned, and I have own some nice ones. Here is my porblem. Anyone that owns a 6.1 Hemi knows they run on the warm side . Never hadn any issues, but a month ago I took it to the dodge dealer for a recall on the cooling Fans. I figure it was going to run cooler. Actually its running ever hotter. So I have decided that I am going to change out my thermostat to a 180*. but I have been told that unless I reset my cooling fan temps I am not really going to get the max benefits from it. The problem is even if I bought the predator handheld, I really dont know how to do it. So I would like your help in maybe finding a shop out here near corona Ca. that could reprogram that for me. If anyone knows of a shop please contact me at 909 725 7851. sorry the post was so long , but I think it was necessary. Thanks and hope to here from someone.

2. claude9039u

claude9039u Full Access Member

You cant reset the fans you have to get a predator to do that. In it is has setting as to when the fans come on that can be programmed. You also might want to check out custommagnums.com for more if this site is not very active.

3. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Just FYI, the Predators are very simple to use. (well, at least the one I have for my Neon is. LoL!) If you get/have one, you should not need to take it to a shop just to adjust your fan settings. Like stated above, this site is not that active, but if you go to one that is more active, and deals with the LX/LY platforms, a quick search of that site, will probably net you the info you want as far as how to set you fan settings, then 5 minute with the Predator, and viola! You'll have a cooler running Magnum.

4. Iosib Ivano

Iosib Ivano New Member

If I wanted to spend my life tinkering under the hood of something just to get it to do what it was designed to do, I'd get an antique car.

5. Lauren23

Lauren23 New Member

Let me give the back story first. MSRT8 40,000 miles I drove to a car show200 miles from home did not look for a leak so don't know if it was? Never hadanything on the garage floor but did not check when I left the house. :king: