Cut springs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Velociabstract, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

I've been doing a lot of changes to my suspension trying to make it better and all the money spent has gone down the toilet. Rear camber links that interfer with the sway bar, Eibach springs that made the car uncontrollable, aggressive alignment ...... a waste. I finally spent the extra money and got Speedy Benz rear camber links and now have -1º of camber in the rear. Mercedes crash bolts in the front -2.2º. I cut the stock SRT springs (real carefully to keep them as cool as possible) and installed them myself. My times at the go kart track (where I test suspension changes) went from 59.2 stock, to 59.5 with Eibachs (worst mod of my live) to 57.7 with the cut springs. I still have lots more to get out of the car but I'm still spooked by a couple of spins with the Eibachs. But as my confidence grows I think my times will drop dramatically. A video I found taken by a spectator and another of the first heat (slowest of the day) this past Sunday.

Les

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHKyDWvcLr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=476n8clV770&feature=channel

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

interesting

3. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Looks like a lot of fun...:thumb:

4. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

nice!!

5. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

For one run I had put the camera under the front spoiler but for some unknown reason (human error?) I got nothing. The darn display on the camera is almost impossible for me to see. My next event is in July, but it's at a track where the staff frowns on cameras so we'll see if I can film or not. I plan on replacing the cut springs but at least they give me a good indication as to the ride height, spring tension, installed height I want etc. When the time comes I plan to order from Hypercoil.

Les

6. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

just mount the camera behind the grill and leave it running the entire time LOL