DIY Cooling system flush???

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by SRTLUVR, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

That will work for logging ... but how do you synchronize the log for OBDII parameters with the logs for afr and boost for example? It's like when I was fiddling with mine I found about a 100 to 150 rpm range where the AFR was jumping from like 12.4 to 13.1 and then back down on the other side.

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

its in the tune and PCM... Boost should be calculated coming from the 2 bar map sensor?

AFR comes from the 02 Sensors, right? This is how the PCM typically calculates, right?

3. Quick

Well, yes. But this was at WOT so the AFR is primarily determined (or at least significantly modified) by the add from the PE table/cells. The point was integrated logging. With AFR and RPM on the same graph I was able to tell exactly where it was happening and Johan was able to fix it by adjusting a particular cell in the table (I think...).

4. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Ok. So here's the deal.....
    I've decided to stay N/A for now. I was TRYING to put together a budget blower deal, and I just couldn't make it happen. I will do F/I later on this year, when I have more money. So with that being said, and since I've had a PERFECT tune from Johan that's been working flawlessly for over 3 years now, I know I'm not DESPERATE to have all the datalogging tools. So here's what I've done for now.....

I took Dave's advice, and skipped the overhead console, and went with a dual gauge pillar pod. I agree that the glancing up at the pod, while trying to keep my eyes on the road, didn't make much sense, and I want to be safe. I got the Aeroforce analogic gauge & Aeroforce interceptor gauge (both in black, with SRT face, & red illumination). I also got the wideband sensor so it can all be hooked up. This all cost me just shy of $800.....which is WAY MORE than I wanted to spend on this. However after seeing all of the above posts, and agreeing with Dave's concerns for keeping my build safe (now & in the future), I understand the importance for all this monitoring. And these gauges are KILLER and will prevent me from having to "add" other gauges later, as they can monitor EVERYTHING I'll need to monitor. All I'll have to do down the road, when I do go F/I, is buy other sensors (EGT, etc.) to monitor the other parameters I'll need at that point. Make sense??

As for the DashDaq. As much as I understand the NECESSITY of this tool. Since I'm currently running a flawless tune, and have had ZERO issues for three years. And since I'm not changing up anything in my build at this moment, I'm going to have to pass on it. After spending $800 already on the above tools, this will have to wait. Either until I come into a bit more money (I have TONS of other mods going on right now as well), or when I eventually do get a blower. So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it, lol.....

Oh, and thanks to Mikey @ Speedlogix for all the help!!!! :rockon: And thanks to Dave for keepin my ass in check.....and spending my money, lol.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  5. Quick

Get the pics up as soon as you can so I can see what I bought!

6. SRTLUVR

Lol. Yessir fuckface!! :salut:

7. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Goes with what I wrote...once it is tuned, just drive and be happy. If something goes to hell in a hand basket, a gauge probably isn't going to save it's life. Proactive approach, log and tune, log and tune, on a dyno... then log on the street and tune for a final tune. Done... unless you change something.

Flip side...if you want to monitor things like a hawk, and be able to have exact AFR (not calculated) on the same graph as spark, load, map pressure, boost, etc etc...the DashDaq is for you. If I was a tuner, i'de love one.

8. SRTLUVR

Cool. Oh, and thanks for helping me out with the "insertion tool" via text message last night, Kyle. It was wonderful!!!! ;) :)

9. Quick

Sure. I know of at least 2 motors and probably 3 that would have definitely been saved. That's out of maybe 30 around here? So it's kind of like buying insurance. You buy down the risk to some level you're comfortable with. It's not the same for everybody.

10. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I was pretty proud of myself on that one.