.DRG file question

Discussion in 'Diablosport Q&A' started by King Savage, Jun 5, 2010.

1. King Savage

King Savage Nasty Canasta

What I want:

I have a custom tune loaded in my Predator that I have uploaded in to my car. I have since modified that tune by removing some fuel. I have the A/F ratio where I want it and now want to export that tune to my PC, save it with a new name, send the tune back to the Predator, and then back in to my car, where I will RESET the parameters so I don't stack the previous changes with the change list in the Predator.

What I did:

I used DSDownloader to get tune file from tool. I had to choose "no" to skip uploading my back-up, then had the option to get last tune written. It prompted me to save it with the stock name with a "_custom" , so I changed the "_custom" to "_WY1" and saved the bastage, still using the .drg extension and not changing the first letters and numbers. I then uploaded that tune to the Predator using the "Send tune to tool" function in the Advanced tab, where I chose the WY1 tune and one other tune. It appeared to load successfully.

When I got to my car and plugged in the tool, the WY1 file was not there, but the original custom tune name was as well as the other tune I sent. So I went back and sent the WY1 tune back to the tool not using the Advanced tab, knowing it wipes the custom directory clean. Back at the car all that was in my tool was the single custom tune that I had modified and NOT the WY1 tune.

I also noticed the WY1 tune that I sent to the PC from the tool is only 9k, instead of the 48k original custom tune.

What's going on?

I hope you can follow my jabbering, but I think the general idea is there:)

Anything will help!

(btw, car still runs fine)

2. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

Quick fix (a week later, sorry), email me the file, I will send it right back as a full file that will work.

I am aware of the issue, and to my knowledge, it will be fixed to work in the next version of DSDL.

Thanks
    Mike

3. King Savage

Thank you for the response Mike! I actually had Bob@SVS modify my latest tune to include the changes I wanted so I am hooked up for now. Living at 7000 foot altitude and traveling as much as I do to sea level, I want 2 tunes in my Tool...you get the idea.

I will email you the tune when I get home. Do you need my car's original backup also?

I am just glad it is some other issue other than my stupidity and/or beer consumption :)

Thanks again bud.

4. Mike@Diablosport

Nope, just the small exported files, I can simply save them in CMR as full files, send them back, and they will work.

5. King Savage

I assumed [email protected] was it but it came back bro. I'll check your web site for your email addy.

6. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

This goes without saying... :friends:

7. King Savage

Hehe Ron :D

8. Mike@Diablosport

sorry...

mlitsch @ diablosport.com

take out the spaces...

9. Mike@Diablosport

got the file, sent it back this morning, let me know...

10. King Savage

Got it & will do Mike, thank you.