ebrake not working

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by drift878, May 18, 2012.

1. drift878

drift878 SRT-4 Beast

Sup guys my ebrake is not working at all. Everytime I'm on a hill the car rolls back wen I pull the ebrake. Everytime I park I have to put it in gear. Does any body else have this problem? Can some one tell me how to adjust the ebrake or something please. Planning to get a remote starter soon and I need this ebrake fix. Does anybody kno a site where they tell u what to do?

2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

There is an adjustment for the ebrakes, built into the back of the hubs. You should see a rubber cylindrical shaped plug. Pull that out, and inside there is a star shaped wheel. You want to spin it up or down, one way tightens it, one way loosen it. you need a small flat head screw driver, or if you have one, an brake adjustment tool would be better. The way I have mine set up, it I set it so the wheel can't be turned by hand, due to the brake friction, then back off a notch or two. Make sure both sides have the same number (clicks you back off) or it still won't work well, given that one side will fully catch and the other won't.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  3. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

4. drift878

drift878 SRT-4 Beast