***Everything you wanted to know about a full CMR tune and a WOT handheld Tune***

Discussion in 'Diablosport Q&A' started by Trojan, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

But were to confused to ask..........................................................Well dont worry guys and gals I got your back here.

[​IMG]The Diablo Predator is a handheld unit with 3 "canned" tunes in it. The general public can buy this tool and go home and install 1 of the tunes in the handheld to his/her car. They can then do what is called "Quick Adjust" to that tune. Some examples of Quick Adjust are: Add fuel at different RPM ranges, Add Timing to different RPM ranges, Raise or lower idle RPM, Adjust shift points and raise Rev limiters. Adjust tire size, and turn your fans on at different temps. All of the above are straight out of the box and anyone can use them. Depending on your individual motor and needs some or all of these can be used.

Now heres what you cant do with the handheld. Injector scaling, Part throttle tuning of both bank 1 and bank 2 VE tables. "Absolutely essential for a Cam'd/Head daily driver" Adjust Knock sensor sensitivity, Throttle tip in,
    TQ managment levels, part throttle timing tables, the list goes on and on.

Another myth is that you can get a FULL CMR tune in 1 hr with 3 dyno pulls.
    If you purchased a Diablo Predator from a vendor and was told it comes with a CMR tune/3 dyno pulls for 400-500.00 you were mislead. The Diablo cost at least 325.00 and for 175.00 your certainly not getting a CMR tune.
    If you were straped to the dyno for 3 pulls and had the handhelp used for quick adjust then you were NOT CMR tuned.

Another quick and easy way to tell if indeed you have a Custom CMR tune is to plug in your predator, After boot up choose perf tune, Next choose "Custom Tunes" there should be a tune in there with a name your CMR tuner named it. If there is nothing in "Custom Tunes" then your rolling with a canned tuned with or without Quick Adjustments. In my custom tunes I have tunes that are named "HoP 1.94 31008". So if you cant get to the "Custom tunes" cause it doesnt come up when you choose Perf tunes then its because there isnt a custom tune written to your predator. Proof you have no Custom CMR tune.
    EDIT: Although you can upload a "canned" tune to your computer and then re save it to your predator and it will show up under custom tunes. I would assume though if you did this you would already no that it isnt a true "FULL CUSTOM CMR TUNE" but rather your own saved canned tune.

The custom tunes come from your tuners laptop/Desktop computer. There created from templates in the software and they are tweaked per your motor and then saved to the computer and then transfered to the predator and then transfered to your car via the Diablo Predator Handheld. These "Custom tunes" can also be Quick Adjusted. Which would come up in the handheld under "Custom tunes" for example. "HoP 1.94 31008 plus quick adjusts".

To create a new tune from a template and tweak it to the point the cars running great takes alot of time/effort. Its not just this or that. Its a little of this and a little of that and a dyno, and then its repeated untill all parameters are running as they should.
    Not everyone needs a CMR tune. unless youve got Heads/Cam you prolly dont need one. Or once your hitting 415 plus HP on a SAE dyno your prolly in need of injectors and a tune.

Im hoping this will clarify alot of confusion and give people a better understanding of what there getting.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  2. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

I smell a sticky coming on!! Thanks for the info....this is why I'm on the forums.

3. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Nice of you to share dude! Thank ya!
    Chase

4. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I agree. Done

Thanks Chris

5. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Doubtful any vendor would do this, but having a tune in the custom tunes on the predator is not a sure test for a CMR tune. I have a couple of tunes in the custom tune menu. Of course I put them there myself. They are canned tunes with different quick adjust parameter settings and not CMR tunes. Tweaked one of the canned tunes with the handheld to where I wanted it. Saved it from the predator to my pc, named it appropriately, and loaded it back to the predator. Now I have 2 of them. One for AFR 12.7 and another for AFR 12.2 (still experimenting). This gives you a quick (<-- haha) and easy way to switch between tunes with a lot of different quick adjust parameter differences. Like maybe track and street, or maybe different grades of gas, etc.

6. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

Interesting, and a good point, it is entirely possible to have tunes in the custom tune menu, without having a CMR tune...

Thanks
    Mike

7. DeaconSRT8

DeaconSRT8 I'm a Wheelopath

Here's a rookie question for ya:

What does CMR stand for?

Charger-Maggie-Ram???

8. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE New Member

Nice post bro!

9. black08

black08 black08

About time sumone called on the hype

10. Trojan

Im confused? Whatcha talking about bud? OIC I think, you wanna call Diablo and get in on some of this tuner hype?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  11. Mike@Diablosport

lol....

12. Trojan

HEHEHEHE! :bye:

13. ARCJR911

ARCJR911 New Member

Help With Fan Settings !!!!

This May Be A Question That's Been Asked Previously, However, I Could Not Find It In The Topics. What Are The Best Settings For The Fans Once The Diablo Has Been Installed On A 2009 Challenger Srt, 6 Speed. In Advance, Thanks For Your Assistance.

14. Mike@Diablosport

If running the stock T-stat you should not need to make any changes.

15. Peter Parker

Peter Parker The Human Spider

176*

16. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

As Mike said, if using an OEM T-Stat, no adjustments need to be made.

If you are using a 180 or 170, here is my How-To for adjusting within the Predator. http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7403

Not necessarily the best settings, but these are what I use or have used.

17. Jected

Jected Aussie Blown 426

Trojan great post mate.

Chipmaster Revolution.

18. HEMI911

HEMI911 Platinum Supporting Member

Thanks Chris, great information!!!!!

19. Vanillascoop

Vanillascoop New Member

Thanks i had some questions on the tuning part of my car but you hit it on the head with this tread! Thank you! So i am allset to go with the tunes that it comes with ! I dont have cam or heads!:sorry:

20. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Great info... thanks brudda!