Exhaust options?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by X505x MANiiAC, May 21, 2013.

1. X505x MANiiAC

X505x MANiiAC New Member

I'm looking for a good exhaust for my 2005 srt-4. Its completely stock at the moment and the first thing i want to get is a new exhaust. i was looking at the Mpx 3" duel exhaust turbo back with the cat. I just want to know if there are any other options that are better than this exhaust. I plan on making it a stage 2, and i just want to know what the best exhaust option would be.

2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

I'm not 100% sure as far as what a "better option" would be, but as far as upgrading the exhuast goes...a 3" exhaust will most likely net you pretty much the same gains regardless as to who's name is on it. It will mostly be a diffence in sound and/or build quality. MPX is a good company and they have been around for a while , offering good support for the SRT4. So it should be a good choice, but you could just as easily get a custome 3" exhaust made from a local mom & pop muffler shop as well.

EDIT: Take that all with a grain of salt...as I've had my Neon for 6+ years now, and never even thought of upgrading the exhuast. I know there is easy power to gain there, :love: but I just love the sounds of the factory exhaust. :love:

3. KrazyRdR83

KrazyRdR83 Dig or Roll?

Like Jason said, you could get a whole exhaust, or better yet, just an o2 housing & downpipe, and if you really want to hear your car, get an electric cutout. can have it loud, or quiet with a flip of a switch