For Wifey

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by loxmith, Oct 30, 2013.

1. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

As requested...pic's from my no so boring weekend. The college by my house was hosting their first ever Halloween event, call Owl-o-ween. ( 'Cause their mascot's an Owl :bigwink: ) Anyways, the kids flaked out on us, so the Mrs and I actually got to enjoy ourselves. :rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. loxmith

The last few of those pics are a little blurry, but that is actually intentional. My photoclub has a competition coming up next year with the topic being "beautiful blur"...so I figured what better time to set a long exposure, than when people are performing with lights and flames. :bigwink:

3. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

Jason, those are some very awesome pics!!!! Glad the kids flaked so you could enjoy your day with the wife.

AWESOME blur job - Thank you for sharing and BTW Those pics are worth 10,000 words ;) ;) ;) :magic:

4. loxmith

Thanks, I really love the fire lines in the first flame pic...I'm going to try to play with that one a little more in photoshop. Try to see if I can get it to pop a little more. I'm still lagging behind my wife, (she has 2 wins + 1 photo of the year) and my oldest son (he has a 2nd place finish). The best I've ever managed to finish is a couple of 3rd place finishes, and the Mrs likes remind me of that, often. LoL!

( Of course, if I'm being honest, I usually deserve the reminders, 'cause they almost always follow instances when I'm telling her how great my pictures are, and how she doesn't stand a chance against me. :bigwink: )

5. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

The women will always out perform the men - DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT???? :huglove: :huglove: :huglove: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

6. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

I love taking pictures, just haven't had a camera to use since I gave up on 35 mm way back when. We have a digital Canon Rebel XT but I want to practice up with a point n shoot type and work up.

Then photoshop would be sorta cool since I like computers and fantasy land kinda stuff.

7. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

We overlook a valley with about a 270 degree view extending out 50+ miles - we also see every firework show in the valley on the 4th and on other occassions during the year at a fishing lake down on the river below. It is a dry river most of the year. I wanna work on some night shots l night shots of all those lights :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  8. loxmith

I've only been taking pictures...as a serious hobby...for about 4 years now. Before that I've always loved to take pic's, I just didn't know what I was doing. Actually this forum is what ruind me. LoL! Mains, made a comment on a picture I took for a photo competion they had going on. (back when this place was hopping) I didn't understand it, so I got a book to try to figure it out. That led to another book, then to another camera, then another book, and another book, and another camera, and it's been all down hill from there...LoL!

9. loxmith

Sounds like a great place for some pics!

10. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

So it's all Mains fault? I remember him did he give up on posting?

I'm glad for you he did that, you are getting some awesome shots now

11. Wifey

Wifey The Queen's Queen

I had a panasonic point and shoot for a couple days then it took a dump :( I was just starting to figure out the settings and it's brain went dead. Some kind of chip? The camera was free, so I guess I got what I paid for.

Yes, it is absolutely a perfect place for all kinds of pics. View, plants, rocks and animals - when I get a camera I will take :gotpics: :gotpics: :gotpics: :gotpics: