Hi From Louisiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fatbug57, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Fatbug57

Fatbug57 New Member

Well everyone I am as the title states from the great Southern state of Louisiana. I am a middle aged male wit a very bad addiction, according to my wife, I am a Car-A-Holic and have been all my life so this is not a mid life crisis. LOL. I am not a brand loyal buyer, if I like it I have to have it and have always had a soft spot for big, bad, fast land yachts and anything that has speed. So I have always liked the car I am looking at mow to buy and had a few questions. It is a Magnum SRT8 , aka MSRT8, and wanted to fond out some information about them. I was wondering about simple bolt-ons to make her a little faster. Wanted to know what owners here have done with proven results for speed and drivability. Well guess that is about it and if someone would point me to the correct forum I can start the questions you have heard a thousand times.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

I don't know much about the LX/LY platforms...but I do know there are some really good aftermarket goodies available for them. And all the modding pretty much starts with the Diablosport Predator. That is probably the best mod you could start with, because it will work with anything else you decide to throw on the car. Wether you decide to add simple bolt on's to full on supercharger kit.

Oh yeah...:welcome:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. Fatbug57

Fatbug57 New Member

Thanks do you know of any dyno sheets that show the power added from the programs? Would like to take a look.

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

5. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

:welcome: from Dublin, CA! I'm more into handling than power, and for me, upgrading to Hotchkis swaybars was definitely the best mod I made to my SRT Charger. Lots of options out there for you and best of luck whatever you opt to modify.

6. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Welcome from a SIX MAGNUM and two 300 SRT ... oh and two Pt Cruiser GT convertibles from North Carolina..... AND you think YOU are a caraholic ~LOL~

7. Fatbug57

Fatbug57 New Member

Thanks everyone for the Hellos and the information. I went Tuesday and checked out the Magnum and pulled the trigger on it. Got a great car for a even better deal, might have had to Drive 4 hours to get it, but worth every second. The car has 80, 000 miles but has been well maintained and in great shape. The wife and myself took her to Broken Bow Lake in Oklahoma this weekend and had a blast running the twisties up in the Ozarks. This car is a Beast, that is the only way to explain it. Looks like it should handle like a truck but handles like a sports car. I take it this Wen. to see what all has been done to her, cause I know it can't be stock. I bought the car from a Dodge dealer and they did not know a lot about the car, except it was a trade on one of the new Hellcats. The owner used the car as his down payment on it. Anyway after running the Staircase up there with a 2 Corvettes and a G37 in my rear view mirror, at times, this car can't be stock. We pulled into a gas station after the coaster ride and the other cars followed and had to look at the car and wanted to know how I could get a wagon to handle like that. After about a half hour talk and car share of looking the wife said it was time to go, so of course had to listen to the boss. So after this weekend the Magnum has a name like the rest of my stable, The Beast. Will keep you updated on what I find out about the car. I know it has exhaust and it seems like a cam but will know for sure Wen. No one from here has traded on in lately in Richardson Tx have they?

8. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Sounds GREAT!!!