High speed fans on alot??

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by 709srt8, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 709srt8

709srt8 Phil

I just installed a jet 180* t-stat the other day, along with a predator. I changed the fan settings to the ones listed in this how-to: http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7403
    Before, i don't ever remember hearing my high speed fans on, now they come on every time it warms up, runs for 5 or so minutes, then shuts off for about 5 or 10 minutes. I tried bumping up the high speed fan temp to 200*, but same thing happens. Is this normal for the 180 t-stat and the settings i have? Or is it because i never bled the air out of the coolant system when i changed the t-stat. I ran the car through about 10 or so warm-up cycles, that should take care of the air bubbles in the system shouldn't it?

2. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

did you let out the excess air out of the tank after you ran it through the cycles? you have to bleed out some of the air not just run it. Make sure that you have a good amount of coolant.

But in general yeah your fans will be on more. But you can always change the temps that your fan's come on with the pred if you really wanted to.

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

My first question is, what temps are you at? If you are getting up to 195 or hotter, then you have an air pocket.

Otherwise, it is normal for the fans to come with the adjusted settings during normal stop and go traffic.

4. 709srt8

709srt8 Phil

Ya i thought i jumped the gun a bit and that it was no big deal. Ill burp the system tomorrow and see what that does, thanks fellas!