How To: Install BWoody Sway Bar End Links...

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by 1bad4dr, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

It was good talking to you brother! Always too long between phone calls but good to bullshit with you...even though I was too shit faced to remember our last conversation when I was in Tacoma! LOL

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yea buddy. Was really nice talking to you. Tell those other EQers to keep in touch as well. I lost Jason's number, so I can't call her. lol

3. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Damn, Ron and I were talking and thought the BWoody endlinks were twice as big as the OEM ones.....the fronts are over 3 times thicker in diameter than the OEM's. Impressive!!

From BWoody's website:
    "The Factory swaybar links are a weak 1/4 inch in diameter the BWoody links are a whopping 7/8 in diameter in the front and 1/2" in the rear and custom energy suspension bushings we used to improve handling even more. Our sway bar links are nearly tripple the the size of the oem links!! The weakest link of the srt-8's suspension is the sway bar links due to the lack of diameter and lack of strength, significant improvments in handling were felt on the test vehicle. Adding these to your vehicle will make your srt-8 handle like it should!!"

4. TALON

TALON SRTV8

Nice how to do-it Ron. I installed mine over a year ago, and love them. They not only work better than the OEM units, they're pretty too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken

5. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Ken, forgive me mechanical ignorance, is that an aftermarket "upper control arm" you have there? If so, who is that made by?

6. TALON

TALON SRTV8

Bud, these adjustable upper control arms are made by SPC Performance. http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_DIR/SPCPerf_PROD_NUMBER_DYN.cfm

They offer both camber and caster changes. Camber -2.0 degree to +2.0 degree. Caster -1.5 degree to +1.5 degree. The control arm bushings are far superior to the OEM bushings as well.

Ken

7. SRT666

SRT666 Platinum Supporting Member

I know, i know......OLD THREAD! But, i wanted to pull the front sways and end links off while i was under the car pulling the exhaust off.
    So, i put a 13/16 socket on the nut on the bracket on the shock for the end link and it just kept turning. WTF? The sway bar itself is easy to take off ( 4 bolts) and (2 heat shields), but i was cursing the end links!
    I run home, do a search a found ron's post(here), ran back to the garage and grabbed vice grips. Tried it his way to remove the FACTORY end links. NOT BAD! But, after looking at the end of the bolt for the end links, its not ROUND! At first it looked like it but it wasn't.
    So, i put the 13/16 on the nut and a 10mm socket on the end of the bolt and wow, does that work good! FAST! You can have the end links and sway bar off in no time!
    Sorry, i didn't take pictures but it works good! On the factory sway and end links. A 13/16" wrench on the nut and a 10mm socket on the end of the bolt going through the nut! Not the head of the bolt(there isn't one) . Just a FYI.

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Bump for Tamara.

9. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Thanks for the help, Ron. One more thing to save up for and replace once I've re-established my car fund.

10. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Ron,
    I noticed in this thread that even in 2009 when you were installing these end-links you were still running OEM sways.
    Has that changed?
    Were you running coil-overs on stock sways?

11. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

lol Yes, I was running OEM sways with the larger end links AND my coil overs.

I just added the Stack front sways last year. Still need to add the rear sways, but need a lift and air tools. When I tried last year, one of the sub frame bolts was giving me a fit. The socket began to spin on the head, so I stopped before I rounded the head.

12. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

I ma quite sure you can tell the difference with just the front sways. It is the larger of the 2.
    I could not believe the diff with my Hochkis sways. Like Night and Day. Probably best suspension mod as far as bang for the buck and you feel it all the time.

13. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Yeah, what he said. I should know, apparently mine are bigger than even the standard Hotchkis upgrade. :shock: