Left Foot Braking for FWD Vehicles

Discussion in 'Autocross/Road Racing' started by Bud, Dec 30, 2007.

1. WRR

WRR RallySRT4

nice write up!

I learned to LFB a couple of years ago when I first started competing in rally-x and went to a rally school... now I live by it! with a car FWD turbo car there is almost no choice but learn it if you want to got fast on dirt/gravel... you need to use it for two very important reasons: one is to stay in the boost - with your left foot on the brake your right foot can stay planted on the throttle.. & two is to loosen up the tail - you will be surprised once your left foot learns how to modulate the brake how simple it is to pivot the car on command -

when I see a vid of myself racing my brakelites are on almost from the time I leave tha start line (albeit just my foot resting on the pedal at first but then I pretty much hold the throttle down and modulate the eng. RPM with the brake pedal -
    warning ... this is NOT something you want to do to your daily driver on a regular basis as I go through a few sets of pads/rotors in a season but the upside is I can can control this beast now in the dirt!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008