Looking to lower my car this Spring

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by StillANeon, Jan 17, 2008.

1. OrionR12

OrionR12 Full Access Member

EXCELLENT choice man! You are going to LOVE THEM! Those were the best choice I have made on my SRT as far as suspension goes!

2. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Will I need shorter endlinks for the rear when I install these? I was told I would need to cut off some of the stock bushing depending on how low I go in the rear. Messes with the geometry of the vehicle if you use the stock endlinks on a lowered car... If this is so, anyone know where I can get shorter rear endlinks if I need em?

3. Cygnus

Cygnus Platinum Supporting Member

4. StillANeon

Thank you for the links! Not bad of a price either. I will order them!

Be a good idea to get the fronts too?

The ones listed in your second link are for reg Neons, doesn't say anything about the SRT-4 Neon?

Edit:

Found some at MPX and I know shipping is decent with them:
    http://www.modernperformance.com/pr...=1617&osCsid=bb190ce2d3345e33b4f949e3cd77ba68 Not sure if they are for the front or the rear though.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  5. psi chick

psi chick New Member

or you could just use this as an excuse to get upgraded sway bars haha!

6. StillANeon

I could afford some sway bars but nah. I will be needing brakes soon so I will go with my needs before my wants. lol

I ordered the Prothane shorter endlinks from MPX.

Hopefully if it doesn;t snow this weekend like it did last weekend.
    I will be lowering my car this weekend if the weather doesn't shit like it did last weekend.

Anyone have TiresPlus where you guys are at? I have a coupon for a 3 year alignment agreement for $119. It will pay for itself since a single alignment is $70 dollars and I plan on getting it aligned twice or so a year.

Do you guys recommend threadlock for the suspension stuff? If so what color?

7. Cygnus

No problem!

I have front and rear on my car. Front is just being a safe precaution because the axle boot is right there and depending how low you drop it... the end of the stock endlink can possibly tear the boost. For the price of front and rear its just best to get both.

The SRT-4's suspension/handling parts in the front are based from the PT cruiser. That is why a cheap sway bar upgrade for us would be a PT Cruiser sway bar in the front and and SRT-4 ACR Sway bar in the rear. Which is the setup I'm running.

The front endlinks are for Neon/PT cruiser and will work on our cars since like I stated the front suspension/handling parts on our cars are based off the PT cruiser. The two links I provided are from where I got my front endlinks and rear endlinks.

You would need to call Modern Perfomance to see which one those are.

8. Cygnus

You don't need any threadlock. I didn't use any, you don't need it at all. Just make sure you grease the bushings good so there's no squeeks. The endlinks come with lock nuts so they won't back out.

9. StillANeon

Cool, good news! I will eventually get to sway bars and the PT front and ACR rear sounds like a good combo.

I am not sure how low I want to go. I want atleast 2'' all around and get rid of the horrible rear ass end up look.

The MPX ones are for the rear. (Prothane) Called them up to place the order and asked him some questions. Really nice guy. And knowing how well and fast their shipping is I am glad to order from them again.

10. rustyknuckles

rustyknuckles Supporting Pimp

i used to auto cross and will restart again soon. may i ask why you think you need full coilovers? there are added benefits to having coilovers, and drawbacks. one MAJOR drawback is the weight transfer the srt-4 suffers. if you get coilovers, make sure they have adjustable damping. i currently have hotchkis springs on stock struts and a progress rear sway bar. it handles like a dream.

i have to take my son to daycare and back every day and weighed my options. if you dont mind a stiff ride, and the damper stiffness with the coilovers will = higher track times and possibly more torque steer. the coilovers i was watching VERY closely were the eibach pro street. they are $1075 from modern performance. stainless steel=no rust (tein, ksport, b&g & others all rust rather quickly)

but you may also want to check out illuminas and a decent set of springs. (choose your spring rate)
    Stock: 170 125
    Hotchkis: 230 15/16" / 200 1 3/4"
    H & R:
    Eibach: 1.6" / 1.8"
    Tein H: 173 1.2" / 168 1.5"
    Tein S: 201 1.8" / 196 2.0"
    Progress: 190 1.8" / 150 1.8"
    GoldLine: 175 1.5" / 125 1.5"

if you got $1k and know how to rebuild coilovers(inevitable when auto-x-ing) get the eibachs. otherwise, get the illuminas and springs. you can adjust for track time then the ride home.

talk to srtjunkie05. he has illuminas and h-techs on his acr. i have ridden in it. his is a little stiffer than mine, because of the struts. but it rides really nice.

11. StillANeon

Lol. Did you read any of the posts? I got the BC's type BR. Fully adjustable damping. I plan to keep it on almost the softest setting since its a daily driver. I chose coilovers because getting the Tokico Illuminas and a nice set of lowering springs would cost me what, around $800? Instead I get a nice set of coilovers for $900 shipped and I can raise my vehicle once winter hits and be able to make adjustments. Plus a year warranty and strut replacements are only $95 if one fails after the warranty.

12. rustyknuckles

rustyknuckles Supporting Pimp

i did not read the entire set of posts.

i am glad thier warranty work is reasonable. tein charges somewhere near $150-$200 when had my old ones.

hope you enjoy them

13. StillANeon

I am thinking I will enjoy them. Lol

Will find out this Sunday!