Need Everyones help! Diablo tuning for the Caliber!??

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Aaron@Realtune, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Aaron@Realtune

Aaron@Realtune Supporting Vendor

With us becoming a full CMR tuner and selling the Diablo Predator I have been in discussions with Mike over at Diablosport. In case your not familiar Diablosport offers custom flashes for stock computers of many vehicles. The reason I like Diablo over SCT is the hand held device has the ability to fine tune the flash. What that means is, we can offer you a tune for your car and you can fine tune it with the hand held without having to rely on us to do it. This is MUCH better than the SCT units IMO

This is where you guys come in. We NEED to show the demand for this to Diablo. They are willing to get this going for us, but we MUST show them just how bad we really need it.

If we can get them to jump on board, it will REALLY open the doors for all of you to make the Caliber a power house in the modding world.

Just think of it! No wiring, no throttle issues, more power, better drive-ability, and you can mod to your hearts desire! Although I still recommend getting a FIC to further fine tune if you have a ton of mods.

What I need is all of you to post up saying you want this to come out for the Caliber community.

Typical prices are like $400 for the handheld and usually have a few tunes already loaded. These are usually 25-35whp type of gains on stock cars [looking at the other tunes they offer]. For a small fee we can give you a FULL CUSTOM tune to push the bar that much farther!

To all my customers who already own our Stage one unit, this flash will only help you guys that much more! You will have the ability to fine tune the flash perfectly with the FIC.

So post up guys! Im going to link Diablo this thread!

2. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

will you be selling this for the Neon's as well? I have checked with my usual places and they are staying exclusive to SCT (imho is a very bad idea but what do I know?)

3. Black-Sleeper

Black-Sleeper Full Access Member

I've posted on the other forum but to show how we really need this..............i am posting here as well!!

Thanks Aaron!!

:worthy:

4. Aaron@Realtune

Yes I am. Im not sure if I will offer mail order tunes or if it will be a car in hand type of a thing. I wont know until I sign on with Diablo and get the software in hand.

We will also be doing the LX body tunes eventually

5. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Good thing my Daughters grand mother lives out that direction I can bring you my car :bigwink:

6. Aaron@Realtune

Awesome! :mains:

7. Lewisb13

Lewisb13 Mechanical Engineer

Home: Detroit Current Location: Mobile, Alabama
    I guess I just dont understand why handhelds are ever even a thought. Take a product like HPTuners. Costs 500 for the whole thing with the ability to change anything. Or you get a handheld that has a "canned" tune on it with minor adjustments for the same price. Yes, I understand not all people can tune, thats why we should promote full solution software, then we can give people canned tunes, and have the ability to make major changes if you know what youre doing. Why not give the people the software that Diablosport is using to make the tunes AND the handheld part? Those who dont know enough, get the canned tune, those who do, get the full solution. It just sucks that here we are getting the first tuning solution, and its a canned tune, you know what I mean? This is just my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  8. Aaron@Realtune

Yes I know exactly what you mean. However, you need to realize that 95% of the people do not have the knowledge to do something like this on their own.

Canned tunes are more appealing to the masses. Obiously there will be a corner of the market that it does not appeal to, but for the majority, its the best thing

9. Lewisb13

Maybe I wasnt clear with what Im saying. HPT for example is a full tuning solution for the same price as the predator. Lets say we all buy HPT, and Im a total NEWB. Well I can just upload a canned tune. Lets say Im not a NEWB. I can fully tune the car. Same price. Lets shoot for a full tuning solution from Diablosport, or as close as we can get....

10. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

on this topic, even though im waiting on the predator for the neon.

i understand what you mean.. my original thought was that the predator came with software, that you could download to the handheld via PC and upload to the PCM, but that got shot down.

i would really like to tune more than 3 WOT adjustments for fueling and timing, but it comes down to price and ease of use for most people.

the predator just plugs right in, you can load a rough canned tune, and gain decent power for <400$ and you can make simple adjustments to that tune, if wanted.. i believe thats why it is so appealing. also for the fact that you can turn off codes and such.. overboost code has also been removed from the predators (for neons at least)

i was looking into the AEM F/IC which seems like a GREAT option, but nothing to clear/turn off codes that would throw me into limp. also, most people are deterred away from using the F/IC, MS, haltech, etc cuz the higher price, and having to deal with all the wiring/soldering, NEEDING a PC to tune, etc.

the predator would be a PERFECT option for almost anyones needs, if it just included the software to make the fine adjustments, but i'm sure the price it OUTRAGEOUS to even buy it..

edit: WOW, if HPtuners supported my car, i would get that, hands down.. its the whole shebang

11. Lewisb13

It will be here sooner than you think!

12. raynes101

raynes101 New Member

I WANT IT!!!!!! i live calgary...we now have no race track for my to buy the full tuneable one.....but i am game for a canned program!!

13. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

lewis, you serious about it coming soon.

for caliber, or both srt-4s?

14. Lewisb13

Its almost done for the neons. I used it to tune my cobalt, and gained 40whp just off a tune with zero mods. You have full control over all 900 fuel tables and all the ignition tables. Its the shit, I hope diablosport does something like that...

15. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

nice, you work for em or something? anywhere to find some type of info on the neons development? how do you know about it?

500$ full control = me happy, lol..

nvm.. found the forum, found your posts.. guess ill sign up and see what happens.

16. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

Not from what I have heard. Chad Rose is a huge GM tuner out here in Kokomo, Indiana and he says HP is still dragging their feet on the SRT4.

17. leepen

leepen New Member

as much as I wanna stay stock...give me a tune

18. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

And Aaron as I said in the other thread, count me in down the road.

19. busanova

busanova New Member

Put me down as interested.

20. raynes101

raynes101 New Member

possibly get a date of when to expect this to come out if all goes well????