New GT Cruiser owner - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Db06gt, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Db06gt

Db06gt New Member

Salutations from AZ! Its hot and a little humid down here. Anyways, I recently purchased a 2006 PT Cruiser GT. It has 30K miles and has the 5 speed manual. Great little car, super peppy, and better on gas than my G20 van! As far as I know it is completely stock. I went ahead and did the airbox mod, NGK 4306 plugs gapped to .030, and went with a mobil 1 oil change. The only issue thus far is a slight grind going into 3rd. Other than that I'm happy!

Daniel

2. Db06gt

Db06gt New Member

Here are some pictures:

Attached Files:

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator

Welcome! How do you like the PT Cruiser?

From AZ to. Its hot, but we both know the winters are awesome down here, so I'm just waiting it out. :)

4. Db06gt

Db06gt New Member

Thanks man. I like the car a lot so far, never before have i owned a chrysler, and the turbo is the icing on the cake! My only gripe is the 3rd gear issue but as I long as I double clutch we're gravy. The car itself is smooth, quiet, and has a decent ride. I mostly do city driving so my left foot gets a decent work out now! The best part about this is that I'm getting to adjust to driving a manual as oppose to the numerous automatics I've driven. It's a nice change of pace.

Yeah dude, the winter weather here is excellent! Here's to waiting for another haboob!

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator

I want some more rain. Had a haboob the other day. Need more rain!!