New to SRT-4's, help buying?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by OrangeK, Jun 4, 2014.

1. OrangeK

OrangeK New Member

Hey guys so I am looking at buying a 2004 SRT-4. It has 116k miles and from what I know mostly stock. They are asking $5,900. I was wondering if this was a good deal? I would probably try to talk them down to around $5200. But anyway when I go to look at the car I was wondering if there are any common warning signs or anything with these cars? I already know of the 3rd gear grinding and pop out, but is there anything else I need to beware of? And is 116k a lot for these cars? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. StillANeon

StillANeon Full Access Member

Well the timing belt/waterpump/tensioner should of been done. Ask for receipts of work.
    Does it have the factory clutch? I mean at 116k, there should of been quite a few items replaced. Shake the suspension down also. Look for leaks. Common sense really. Without having pictures or a link to the vehicle. I don't know what a good price is. $5700 seems fair knowing how rare the Neon SRT-4 is getting.

116k is not a lot. There are quite a few over 200k. All depends on the history of the car and how well it was taken care of.

3. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

^ He pretty much nailed it...it mostly depends on how well it was maintained.