Ordered A 2012 Charger Super Bee

Discussion in 'SRT-8 LX - Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300c, & Dodge M' started by Googles, Dec 20, 2011.

Car Parts
  1. Googles

Googles 2012 Super Bee

I ordered a 2012 Super Bee this week. (As you know, the Super Bee is a simplified SRT8 no nav system, no adaptable suspension - but has the same engine -and costs $6,000 less). It seems no one knows about the Super Bee release. I visited 3 dealers this week and they didn't even know about. Westbury Dodge was surprised it was available when I visited them. I told them I could not afford the full Charger SRT8 at $47,000 and that the Super Bee at $41,000 made it reality. After spending 45 minutes going over the car and explaining how for $41,000 made this deal perfect for me. The salesman came back and demanded another $10,000 over MSRP. The idiots don't realize that would make it more expensive than a full blown SRT8 charger. Who would pay more for less? I cursed them out and went to another dealer and bought it for MSRP. Why are these dealers such money hungry crooks? I curse you Westbury Dodge. You lost a customer for life. I can't wait for my Super Bee.

2. LittleMT

LittleMT Full Access Member

Super Bee at 41k......

not bad........

3. Googles

Googles 2012 Super Bee

That is without tax, & $1000 gas guzzler tax.

4. STL-SRT

STL-SRT Retired

If I remember correctly....the Superbees come in either Yellow or Black. Were these an option to you?

5. Googles

Googles 2012 Super Bee

Yes, only 2 colors - yellow and black. The dealers really have sparse info on the Super Bee. I ordered it not really knowing much. All I know it is pretty much the same as the SRT8, except for the color choices, no 8" display, no leather seats, no 900 Watt stereo. But 470 HP and a 12.7 1/4 mile - that's all I car about.

Oh did I mention - Westbury Dodge sucks.

6. STL-SRT

STL-SRT Retired

Thanks for the info; post pics when you get it. Curious to see what kind of other seats they will put in there.

7. Rec 26

Rec 26 ...a tremor in the MOPAR

El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY Vieques, PR and San
    Not surprised that has happened. Sales reps at Liberty Dodge in Hinesville didn't even know that there was a '12 Charger SRT8! As for the Superbee, Hoover Dodge in Savannah has both that and a Yellow Jacket on order. They should be getting it next week to put in thier showroom floor.

8. Googles

Googles 2012 Super Bee

Super Bee now on Dodge Site

You can now see the 2012 Super Bee on the Dodge web site. www.dodge.com The Super Bee option comes up and you can see the options and compare it to the full SRT8. I think they are only making 500 of these.

9. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Software Geek

Yes, only 500 in Stinger Yellow (I have one to be built with my name on it) and 500 in Pitch Black.

10. claude9039u

claude9039u Full Access Member

I understand your point but the bottom line is that the super bee is a numbered car unlike the normal srt8 is because of the super bee's racing history. And that is a box with no options. I feel that you are very lucky to be able to buy it cheaper than a standard srt8. While I agree and $10,000 mark up is crazy! I do understand and honestly believe that it should have a mark up of something what it should be I don't know lol. What I do know is for the collector a 2012 numbered car let along Super Bee I would think is a very collectible car! First run new body style, first run motor etc.

Good luck to you and your car.

11. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Looking forward to hearing more about this car when you get it! And, of course, pictures would be icing on the cake.

12. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Awesome! I read about the Bee in Motor Trend. Actually bought the magazine just 'cause it was on the cover. It made me wish I was in the market for one...I also tried to get my step father to buy a Yellow Jacket...since he wants a Challenger. But it didn't work...at least not yet. :bigwink:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  13. dry lakes wheel man

dry lakes wheel man Full Access Member

Sounds like nothing has changed with some dealers. I was wanting to get an 06 300 SRT 8 but three dealers in the So Cal area all wanted between 15 and 25K over msrp. I finally bought the Charger SRT8 for msrp at Cerritos Dodge.

14. Cruisin1966

Getting my name on one of the SuperBee's was a weird and convoluted process up here in Canada.

When the cars were opened up for ordering (back in early December), only the Pitch Black was available through the dealer online system in Canada. So, I asked for one to be ordered in hopes that once it was slated to be built, this grievous oversight (no Stinger Yellow), could be rectified. I called into the dealership last week only to find out the car had never been ordered, and now the SuperBee's couldn't be ordered at all. :(

That led to a call into Chrysler Customer Service and a very nice lady there confirmed they could do nothing, but suggested I get in touch with a dealer principle for an explanation/resolution. So, that's exactly what I did.

I left a message, as he was in a meeting, briefly expressing my concerns asking him to call back. Lo and behold a few hours later, he did call back. I told him of my desire to become an owner of one of the Stinger Yellow SuperBee's. He listened and then told me he'd call back shortly after he'd placed a couple of calls.

Again, as promised, he called a short time later. His explanation was thus: no ordering of SuperBee's at this time (hence the online system's refusal), but he had access to units currently slated to be built (pre-determined with options) in March. He asked if I'd be willing to put down a deposit ($1000) on one of the Stinger Yellow Bee's, and of course I agreed. He promised to email me the particulars of this car (options and price). Call complete.

Within minutes the email arrived showing the options of upgraded tires, HID's, and premium sound; no paddles with pricing (MSRP). I replied stating I was hoping to pay closer to invoice price and if they'd be willing to move a little off MSRP. A followup email stated because it was a limited edition vehicle they wound't budge off MSRP, but would not tack on any additional markup. With that, I agreed to come in, sign a letter of intent to purchase, and put down the deposit.

Now, I wait.

15. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

So, customer service does work....sometimes...congrats on the order...

16. bandaid

bandaid New Member

You got one? Fantastic

17. Cruisin1966

Well, not yet. :bigwink:

Give me a call tonight and I'll explain everything. LOL

Thanks for the contact info you gave me.

18. GenoTex

GenoTex New Member

I was ready to pull the trigger on a yellow SuperBee... and then became 'educated'... and here I thought I bled MoPar...
    never realized this: NO chargers have ever been built with the 6spd.
    BUmmer!
    Someday needs to 'wake up' at SRT and make the stick an option!

Yes I have driven the slapstick auto, and am not here to 'put it down' in anyway... I've had a 300cSRT8, and still have a prowler, which has the autostick... but really... an SRT? At least make it an OPTION!

Was a dealbreaker for me. :(

19. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

I agree, for me to be in the market for the new Charger two things need to happen, first, a manual option and secondly, they need to break the code for the PCM, either Diablo breaking it or Chrysler opening it.

Fredrik:ilovesrtc:

20. NOTPAID4

NOTPAID4 Platinum Supporting Member

Surely hoping ALL OF THIS works out OK for YOU!!!