ordered the skittle some rims

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by elders05srt, May 3, 2010.

1. elders05srt

elders05srt Full Access Member

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Turbosocks streached his 205s on his Konig Runaways. it is possible but is it good to run it that way not really. he ran it like that till his new tires came in like a week or so later.

3. SRT4sum

SRT4sum Swamp Donkey

nice looking rims man. They are played out over here on the east coast though, thats the only reason why i didnt scoop them up. But im sure its diff in the norcal area. Good stuff though

4. elders05srt

Funny you mention that. the Section width on my Yoko's is 8.1" and tread width is 7.7". they are rated to fit up to a 7.5" wheel. Some of the 225/45's i have been looking at are only bearly bigger. and some not even as wide. now i know that every manufacture measures differently but #'s R #'s. that is all i have to go with. The Sumitomo HTRZIII will be my next tire they are only an 8.5 section with and 8.1" wide. its max width is 8" rim.

5. elders05srt

6. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

it did stretch. but it works.

7. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Looks nice! It'd probably look even better with a 225 wheel...plus better traction...but still.:thumb:

8. elders05srt

I am going to do the Sumitomo HTRZ III in the 215/50R17. that way i still have little stretch in them. funny thing is the 215 HTRZ arent as wide as the 205 yokohama's.

9. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Just MO...but if you haven't already bought the Sumitomo's, I'd recommend looking at a different tire. I don't remember what model I tried, but with the set I had 3 out of 4 failed early with bubbling on the sidewalls of the tires. I don't know if anyone else has had a good/bad experiences, but for what it's worth that is my experience with Sumitomo's.

10. Mini Hemi

Mini Hemi four cylinders of fury!

put the stock KDWs on 8" Motegi rims when car was new, they fit but not a great combo. The Motegis had a 45mm offset (like the stock wheel but 2" wider) so any bigger than a 205 would rub. Much happier now w/35mm 17x7s w/225-45-17.

11. Black-Sleeper

Black-Sleeper Full Access Member

Let me tell you something!! You are just crazy to stretch a 205 wide tire on a 8" wide wheel!!

I would never do it.

Nice wheels!!

12. elders05srt

Why they fit fine. The Yokohama I used had a 8.5" section width. They fit Great. That is the First Picture. The second Pic is of an even smaller 205 from Sumitomo. That was a Stretch!. Whats more Crazy is squeezing a 215/45R17 on a stock 6" rim SRT 4 wheel! that tire is almost 10" wide! If you do your home work on how wide tires really are you'd be amazed at what fits. My challenger has 20x10's on the rear it has 275/40R20's on it. They fit just fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011