PCM not getting to duty cycle...

Discussion in 'Diablosport Q&A' started by 1bad4dr, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Uh oh... don't forget what happened last time you had a pc hooked up to it to tune it. You're not going to have that same guy helping you are you?

I'm thinking we need to have a "SRT/C all hands on deck" when you get around to this so that someone will be sure to answer the phone when you call this time.

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

lmfao

No Dave, I am NOT screwing with any parameters myself. I am leaving this into the capable hands of Dave (Hellion Racing) and Johan (Diablo). :D :mains:

3. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

So i couldnt help but notice this statement....

now i guess my question is....

is this a LIFETIME average...or if you reset codes and such....the avg, starting from the time of reset?

cause this would make sense...but be a bitch if you have logged a lot of miles on the modified tune/car and then have to "bring the avg's back to an acceptable level"....

4. Mike@Diablosport

Mike@Diablosport Full Access Member

Do you have cats on this car?

Hi flows I presume?

Biggest problem is, they dont work (at least not as far as the PCM is concerned), and if the cats dont work, they may as well not be there, and in that case there really is no option for passing emissions via tuning, as these PCMs do not offer some of the controls that are used inthe GM and Ford world to get around these issues...

If it canbe done though, Johan will figure it out.

I know he spent quite a bit of time trying to get his car (with no cats) to enable the readiness monitors, and was unable to do so without codes for the most part.

5. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Not trying to deter Johan or anything, i would be ecstatic to have the ability to pass with my catless mids...but if he/diablo figures it out, is it legal to provide it to the public?

Also, in your opinion...is it possible for me to pass with a stroker build with factory cats and a good tune?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  6. Mr MoPar

Mr MoPar New Member

I do a lot of work with the O2 sensors, please explain what O2 sims you have, and whether they are on the upstream, downstream, or both.

The reason I ask, is the Chrysler O2 sensors do not function like a lot of other manufacturers do.

Thanks for the info in advance.

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I do not have cats. Have not had cats since Summer of 06 and have already passed emissions once. Of course this was preDiablo. I had the Split Second Aux ECU at the time.

The O2 sims are from the former GSM (cough, choke, cough) and anti foulers.

I am not overly concerned with the cats passing the emissions as they account for 2 of the reuired 8 mandatory duty cycles to pass. I need the other 6 to pass and they should have no problem with or without cats?

8. SRT666

SRT666 Platinum Supporting Member

Can i ask ron? Whats former GSM? A little behind the times, i know.

9. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

haha GSM went out of business due to their lack of ethics and ripping off customers.

10. SRT666

SRT666 Platinum Supporting Member

GOTCHA! Thank you sir! I seem to remember those GSM spacers or something along those lines.

11. Mr MoPar

Mr MoPar New Member

12. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

13. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

yeah, but they are wired into the 02 wires at the PCM...i had them too, never worked for me...i triple checked wiring and they never worked...well, they became operational, but still got the same code and CEL...200 bucks GSM got outta me, i talked with them at the time and they did help me make sure they were wired in correctly, and they were, but wouldn't refund...go figure. As I recall, they worked for Ron, and some others, but it wasn't a masses type fix, worked on some but not on others.
    I was going through some old paper work last week and found my install instruction from GSM, but i tossed it. I remember them wiring to both post cat signal wire, hot and ground...signal wire from sensor in to sim, then sim signal wire to PCM sensor pin.

14. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I remember your saga, Kyle. I think I was even assisting you because the idiots were not returning your calls or emails?

Yea, mine have always worked, which is why I haven't really looked at those as the issue, yet.

I am going to the state inspection office shortly and applying for a year extension. At least this will give me some needed time to figure this out?

15. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

HA, PCM finally reached its "Ready" state. Now I need to adjust the fuel trims. Ironically, it is running too rich at idle up to 2500 RPM's.

Getting there...

16. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Sweet..., save that tune and your good foe-eva!

17. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

lol yup. Just need to adjust the short term, clean up the map and I should be golden?

Now, if I can get Russ to send me an unlocked version of the emissions tune so that Dave can make the adjustments.

I have learned that the misfire parameters MUST be on for the PCM to reach its "Ready" state.

18. Blown7

Blown7 SRTC Good Guy

So is the PCM "Golden" now? And all systems up and working correctly?

19. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yes sir. All duty cycles have been reached, just need to adjust the fuel trims. Running way to rich to pass. lol Go figure. Will get this done this week.

Point of interest. If the random misfire parameter is turned "Off", the PCM will "NOT" reach duty cycles.