PCM Reset Procedure for Roe SC Trucks...

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by TNCHARGER, Apr 24, 2010.

1. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Having drivability problems with your Roe SC Truck?...Try this procedure....Roe recommends this anytime the battery is disconnected..

For all 2004-2006 SRT-10 Ram trucks with a Roe Racing supercharger kit. This procedure must be followed if the battery is ever disconnected or drained to the point of the truck not starting.

1. Disconnect all three PCM connectors for about 10 minutes. By doing this, you are erasing the PCM adaptive memory. The PCM is located on the firewall directly above and behind the passenger side front wheel.

2. Disconnect the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the driver’s side of the throttle body. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

3. Disconnect the IAC (idle air control motor) on the air plenum located on the passenger side directly behind the air filter. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

4. With the PCM disconnected, make sure the throttle cable and throttle linkage is adjusted properly for wide-open throttle. The driver’s floor mat should be removed as it can inhibit accelerator pedal travel.

5. After wide-open throttle is verified or adjusted, reconnect the PCM, TPS and IAC connectors after 10 minutes has elapsed from the start of this procedure.

6. Turn the key to the "on" position, but DO NOT start the engine.

7. With the drivers floor mat out of the truck, slowly press the accelerator to full throttle, then repeat. By doing this, you are showing the TPS (throttle position sensor) full throttle. Without this information in the PCM, it will not correctly calculate how to make the engine run properly.

8. Turn the key off then start the truck without touching the accelerator.

9. Let the engine idle for approximately 2-3 minutes.

10. After idling, drive easy, then progressively harder over the course of about 10-20 minutes.

11. The truck will drive differently during the first 20-40 miles because the PCM is learning the new adaptives.

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Great information, Larry.

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

ummm, this is exactly the same as 2 urban legends for the LXs...
    1) that you can calibrate the throttle without a starscan
    2) that it takes more than a couple of seconds to learn the fuel adaptives.

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

The Viper is much different from the Hemi...Viper has a mechanical throttle linkage compared to the Hemi "fly by wire", no stability control and more.

You also need to take note that this is for a ROE SUPERCHARGED engine...this procedure was developed by Roe for the supercharger caliberation...I do not know if this procedure would help a NA Viper....is the throttle part really needed? I dont know but I followed it step by step just in case. Sean Roe is considered the "Viper Whisperer" among Viper owners so I figure he knows what he is doing...

I do know for fact that it does work. My truck was leaning out and we had tried numerous things to fix it including using a StarScan to calibrate and check. We did find that a wire was broke leading to the MAP sensor. Why it didnt light up the CEL I dont know. We immediatley thought this was the culprit and fixing it would cure my problem...no dice..

I had forgotten about this prodedure till Bone reminded me...cured the problem... I suspect the broken MAP wire had caused the PCM to learn bad things so it had to be reset to clean it up. Truck runs great now..

5. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yup, Sean Roe is a master...

Glad you got things figured out though.

Check your PM box, Larry.

6. autotoystore

autotoystore New Member

And you Ron are a Mastur...... bater