Rubbers!!

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires, Suspensions & Brakes' started by pirate562007, May 11, 2008.

1. pirate562007

pirate562007 New Member

It's time for me to get new tires. I bought the car and the original tires were not on it, I got a cheaper set the lady who owned the car before me wasn't very bright. I live im Missouri, aka Missery for the horrid weather changes. I need a performance wet weather tire. From what I have read the original Bf-goodrich are a good tire for this. What do you all like? I don't want to spend more then $180 a piece for tires.

2. turbosocks

turbosocks srt n00b

i had the same KDW T/As that are on the srt4 on my turbo tiburon and i lived in detroit.. weather was pretty iffy there.. snow, rain, sleet, ice.. and i thought the KDW's did a pretty good job. I would go with a cheaper tire though, if i were you. the KDWs are good for dry traction and cornering, but theres other cheaper tires that are pretty good for about 30$ less a tire.

3. kingnate

kingnate Full Access Member

I am running a set of Kuhmo Ecsta AST's and they do a damn good job. Has pretty good traction both wet and dry.

What I don't like about the KDW's is after som heat cycling (8000 miles ish) the rubber tends to get hard and the traction seems to decrease signifigantly.

4. pirate562007

pirate562007 New Member

I found some for about $130 free shipping. I just dont wanna buy the origianl tires if you guys have had problems with them! I bought the car with a par of cheap ass Continetals on it, didn't last a year, and I don't do burn outs.

5. chess

chess Big Block Powa

get the generals.......

tiredeals4less.com sellem..

6. Goats

Goats God of skittles

7. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

The General UHP is an EXCELLENT tire for the NSRT. Very sticky dry performance and decent in wet. The best part is they are under $100 a tire!

8. psi chick

psi chick New Member

my boyfriend is running kuhmo's and he really likes them. i run eagle f1 gs-d3's but they're retarded expensive (got a really really good deal on them). excellent tire, but way too pricey.

i was never a fan of the stock tires. they're great for like 5k miles then they suck lol. luckily i had the pilot sports instead of the kdw's. the pilots are an excellent tire. i honestly like them more than the kdw's.

9. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

+1 on the eagles, love them but jesus 240 a tire kills a fool. KDWs are good but I ran through a set faster than a tank of gas.

10. psi chick

psi chick New Member

haha yea i know. my boyfrend went through two sets if kdw's in like a year and a half. that's why he went to khumo's. i've had the eagle's on for about two years, but only have probably 7k on them (don't drive the neon very much). i love the eagle's, but i will never get them again due to price.

i heard that nitto is making the 555's in our size now...those are great. had those on the mustang and i loved them.

11. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

I am a huge 555 fan. I was thinking about doing up a set this summer 235/40 18 FTMFW!

12. pirate562007

pirate562007 New Member

How much burning out do you do?? And how often do you rotate? I rotate every other oil change, and don't ever purposly roast the tires, yea they slip in 1st and 2nd but that's only when I run the car.

Also I deal with snow and ice, and flash flood rain! lol not ideal weather, but what can you do? I need a good tire not so much cheapest, but one that will last and do well in snow.

13. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Kuhmos are great and cheap
    the MH M4s have good grip in corners and long tread life ive used them of 2 autoXes and 1 road course event before getting new ones

BFG G force tire tend to melt for me pretty quick (13 mins) so i dont buy them.

Sitotomo HRZ are a good tire and are deciently soft around 150 treadwear and there are some with 300 and cost around 75-100

14. FWSRT4

FWSRT4 Platinum Supporting Member

Honestly your best off getting a dedicated snow tire if you see substantial amounts of snow, you'll be sacraficing too much dry grip with an all season radial. The UHP's will/do work in the snow, but I wouldn't want to try and navigate a blizzard with those installed.

15. pirate562007

pirate562007 New Member

I don't see alot of snow. Just 3 months of the year, and sometimes is snows some years it dosnt. This year was HORRID!! I basically wanta a decent tire with good tread life and will do well in wet weather, not just a summer tire.

16. psi chick

psi chick New Member

wet and snow aren't the same thing.

i agree that a dedicaed snow tire is really your best bet. that's what everyone does around here, and we don't get all that much snow.

17. pirate562007

pirate562007 New Member

I think i'm going to go with the Generals. I have read some good reviews on them.