Setting my new TPM's

Discussion in 'How-To/Tech Database' started by SRTLUVR, Oct 26, 2010.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

The new TPM's I got for my option5 wheels are registering. I can see the tire pressure & everything. But every time I get in my car, I get a warning to "check TPMS" and I don't know how to erase it. Is there something I need to calibrate or something I need to do get them synced to the sensor??

2. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

odd that you can see the PSI and you still get that.

I kept getting the check tpms system but its cause i had the wrong TPMS sensor in the car (oh but the dealership said they cross referenced the vin, so it "COULDNT" have been wrong lol).

if your PSI goes away after you drive it a few times, it maybe the wrong sensors....if they are the right ones, hell if i know lol

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

?? "Check TPMS"? That's what it actually says? It's not "low tire pressure" is it? That one you can clear by pumping the the pressure up over 30 lbs or so and then to wherever you want it.

Otherwise ... What Stevo said ^

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Yup. I have one TPMS I had to replace and got it from the dealer. I get that message as well. Funny thing is, it won't read my rear tire pressure (both sides), BUT, it WILL tell me that the rear tire pressures are low (this happened last week). Low and behold, my pressure was 28#. Filled them to my desired psi and the "Low Tire Pressure" line went away. Still get "Check TPMS" though. lol

I just ignore the dinging.

Chase, after the message, does it show the tire pressue for all four corners? If so, press the upper left wheel button to clear.

5. Quick

The other kind of TPMS does not give location but you simply get a low tire warning on the dash. I'm guessing maybe those sensors don't have the unique ID part? Can't imagine they'd spend money to make different kinds though. I'd expect the difference to be whether there are location modules in the wheel wells or not and different software in the module. But lets say they don't send the unique ID. The location sensors might still pick up the near sensor and the lack of an ID would trigger the check TPMS message? Just some wild speculation.

6. SRTLUVR

Thanks dude. I know they're correct. Right part numbers and all. All four are brand new units as well.
    Yup. That's what it actually says. No, not "low tire pressure" because all my tire pressures are at 33-34 cold, and 38-39 hot.
    Yup, after the dinging, it goes right to displaying all four tire pressures, and yes I know how to clear it. Was just wondering why it's doing this, or anyway to permanently "register" it or something?? May swing by the dealership tomorrow. Our Mopar Club has made well with the service department at a new local dealership, the guys even came to our car show a couple weeks ago. I feel good about asking for their help, and the Manager is cool as shit. We'll see, if I have time......
    Good info as always Dave. Thanks big guy!!

7. Quick

Heh, wait a minute... you just did some major whacking around in your wheel wells. Did you check the location transponders in the LF, RF, and RR wheel wells? Are they still where they're supposed to be? still mounted and not swinging around by the wires or something like that?

8. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Just double check.

Thats what they told me as well.

If they didnt come off your old wheels, or work prior to this, ya never know.

9. SRTLUVR

They still did it before I did all the rolling, etc. But I'll double check when I get a chance. Where do I look for them & what do they look like??
    Well, I'm not taking the wheels & tires apart, so it may be too late for now.....

10. Quick

Did you check for codes?

Fronts are mounted on the facia. Rears in the wells. Both behind the liners.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]