She's FINALLY FIXED!!!!!! (But which fan is it???)

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronic Modifications' started by SRTLUVR, Apr 11, 2010.

1. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

It was beyond 230* that day. I couldn't pull over at the time the temp started climbing, I got to the side of the road as soon as I could, but it was above 230* that day.......I don't remember exactly, but it could have been north of 240* unfortunately. :stars:

Geez.....I'm really getting tired of talking about this shit. I just want this stupid whore fixed already......sorry to keep bugging you boys with all this crap. :(

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Gotta look at whatever clues you got...
    Let's say you had it filled properly and there was plenty of room in the expansion tank.
    I'm guessing you got the coolant mix right close to 50/50?
    That should boil somewhere over 225 -- without a cap.
    With a pressure cap on there you should be able to go well north of 260 maybe more before it boils. What lb. cap did you just put on there?

If it did boil over around 230 you may have more than one problem right? 1) it shouldn't have gotten over 230 and 2) it shouldn't have boiled over until a lot later.

3. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

You have heater core tubes running under the manifold that bolt to the block, then run into the water pump. One straight in, the other at a 90. You will have to loosen them away from the block for removal from the pump, so the manifold has to come off.

Only other possibility or culprit could be a clogged radiator or heater core...but like the impeller coming loose from the pump shaft, it's highly unlikely.

Did you pull out the stat and check on the stove? Run the car without a stat and see what happens...You know your fans are good, relays working fine, tune is set right....just see what happens without the stat, and test it.

4. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Dave - anytime I've boiled over out the overflow tank, it's been at 240*

Kyle - Will do. I'll do all that before I do the water pump install. Just have a BUSY week ahead. It's gonna be several days before I'll have a chance to mess with that bullshit.

5. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

I'm so OCD, i wouldn't sleep until I fixed it.
    Good luck hommie, holla if you need anything.

6. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Oh nice Kyle... maybe you could bump this daily to remind him so he can go completely nuts thinking about it (I think he's right on the edge) :D

7. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Good solutions require good thought.