SRT-6 Solocross @ Salinas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Velociabstract, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Velociabstract

Velociabstract Full Access Member

Good morning race fans! A video to start the day. No GTR's or Vettes to pass today but lot's of BMW's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM_IwBaTnwc

I've had a few events canceled for weather .... not because of rain but because the track was under water. On Sunday we had Solocross in Salinas which was attended by myself, a supercharged Thunderbird and the rest VW's and BMW's. I ended up being the fastest in my class and had the 2nd best overall time. With the new setup, (K&W Variant II) my car enters the corners with lots of grip, is balanced mid corner but is loose getting off. It's also loose under power in high speed turns. My hope is that the Wavetrac will solve the problem putting down the power but if it doesn't, I see a 285 or 295 in my future. (We were supposed to be in front of you Jeep owners ... I guess you had more economic pull!) The car is blistering fast, I'm just giving up too much time cruising through the esses when I should be WOT. It's a bit scary when the inside wheel starts spinning at over 80 mph. Another problem is the slow steering in the tight turns. I have to do the hand dance ...... I can't believe what I'm doing now that I have video evidence. It's something else I have to improve.

Les

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Sounds and looks like a blast.

Glad the car is coming together for you...

fyi, modern mopar magazine is looking for some SRT-6's.

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Great video.....and bimmers are more fun to pass because they think their car is better than any.....just ask my sister-in-law who owns one...she says Vette owners are rednecks..LOL...

4. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Nice!

Was today Ladies day? I see they were using little red cones instead of the usual 55 gal steel drums with concrete in them :)

5. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Sweet run, Les! At least everyone behaves and gets over as quick as possible there. In my experience there's always at least one Sunday driver that doesn't get the hint.

And cones are cheaper and easier to move/re-position than concrete drums, Dave. :p

6. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

hahaha, every time I see their tracks I think "Death Race". They've been softening them up over the last year though. (...although last time they were driving through the pit garage)

7. ChargerGirl

Yeah, Willow Springs was downright intimidating my first time out. No sand or cushy places to land like Laguna. Just concrete death walls.

8. Velociabstract

The drums were getting dragged under cars ..... not mine, it's too pretty for risking it. The cones are a recent replacement (donated by a construction Co.)

Most of the BMW's are used to being passed by me so they don't put up much of a struggle any more. And I usually treat them nice. I was joking about putting a big M on the side with tape so they wouldn't feel so bad.

To help them feel better I told them I pulled out all the stops. Ensure for breakfast, eye drops, no sex for a week, sober for 2 days before the event etc. It must be hard driving BMW's and being passed by an old man in a no name car.

Les

9. ChargerGirl

LMAO, nice.

10. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Nice driving Les! As I´ve said before its allways a pleasure to watch you drive.
    The only ones funnier to pass than BMW´s are Porsches...

Fredrik:smart:

11. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

LOL! I assume your 1st comment was directed at me. Nice video. Looks like you are driving faster than in your previous ones. You can reduce that wind noise if you are using a GoPro by wedging some toilet paper over the 2 microphones on the top and side of the camera.

12. Velociabstract

Now you want me to put depends on my GoPro? What would the BMW drivers think? Yeah, I'm a little sour with Unitrax. Our group buy was lined up before the Jeep buy and they told us so but we were passed over ..... I still don't have mine yet. Some Crossfire buyers have received theirs. I don't blame the Jeep guys, that would be immature and unfair.

Les

13. cmn1

cmn1 SRT and SVT

I was talking about the passing of GTRs and Corvettes. I don't have a Wavetrac

14. Velociabstract

Oops! I guess you know how I feel about the Crossfire Wavetrac group buy. Yes, I was referring to your video with the passing the GTR's and Corvettes. I've passed Corvettes but never a GTR. Even with a rookie driver they are beastly on the track. Here they call them idiot proof. Any tool can drive fast in one. And if they are any good at all .........

Les