SRT Track Experience Overview

Discussion in 'Track Experience' started by StevoSRT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Hello All,

This forum was created to make getting info on, see who's attending, and coordinating with other members regarding the 2008 SRT Track Experience.

Just in case some of you do not know about the SRT Track Experience, detailed info can be found here:

http://drivesrt.com/en/track_experience/overview/index.html

The complete schedule is located here:

http://drivesrt.com/en/events/index.html

Locations for the 2008 SRT T/E are as follows (Please check the site for any changes or additions):

Febuary 21-22: Laguna Seca: Monterey, CA

March 8-9: Portland International Speedway: Portland, OR

March 14-16: California Speedway: Fontana, CA

March 27-30: Las Vegas Motor Speedway: Las Vegas, NV

April 17-18: MSR Houston: Angleton, TX

April 25-27: Atlanta Motor Speedway: Hampton, GA

May 9-11: Daytona International Speedway: Daytona Beach: FL

May 16-18: Homestead-Miami Speedway: Homestead, FL

June 13-14: Lowe's Motor Speedway: Charlotte, NC

July 16-17: Virginia International Raceway: Alton, VA

July 25-27: Old Bridge Township Raceway Park: Englishtown, NJ

August: 8-10: Autobahn Country Club: Joliet, IL

August 15-17: Memphis Motorsports Park: Memphis, TN

August 22-24: Gateway International Raceway: Madison, IL

September 12-14: Daytona International Speedway: Daytona Beach, FL

September 19-20: BeaverRun Motorsports Complex: Wampum, PA

September 23-25: O'Reilly Raceway Park: Indianapolis, IN

October 17-19: Road America: Elkhart Lake, WI

October 31-November 2: Heartland Park: Topeka, KS

November 7-9: Las Vegas Motor Speedway: Las Vegas, NV

November 14-16: Firebird International Raceway: Chandler, AZ

November 20-21: Thunderhill Raceway Park: Willows, CA

December 5-7: California Speedway: Fontana, CA

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I have been 3 times....highly recommend going....and remember...the free ticket that comes with the purchase of an SRT will expire after 1 yr...........and if you buy a used SRT check to see if the previous owner used his free ride....if he didnt you can...that is how I went 2 of the 3 times (used 2005 Ram SRT10 QC & used 2006 Ram SRT10 RC)...:towel:

3. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

Depends. If purchased between 4/01/05 and 4/30/07 then it should be good for 2 years. If purchased on or after 5/01/07 then only good for 1 year.

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Thanks Dave...I forgot the prior to May 07 part....

5. Quick

Yea, I didn't do it in '06, then they didn't do Laguna Seca in '07. I got pretty nervous when they dropped it to 1 year 'cause I figured they might just be in the process of canning the whole thing so I've been keeping a close eye on it :unsure:

6. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

according to the guys they were "see what interest there was to see if they should do it in 08" when i spoke with them back in August when I went.

Looks like there was enough :rock:

7. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

It's called "AGE" Larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tooth::yahoo::rofl2::tooth::yahoo::rofl2:

8. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

I have to go this year. Mine expires this coming October!

9. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

...................:moon:...

10. GC GEEZER

GC GEEZER New Member

SRT Track Experience March Vegas Anyone?

Not much scheduled close to Denver so I'm thinking about doing the Track Experience in Las Vegas in March 27-30. I will probably fly out unless others in the region are interested in a caravan of some sort. Weather can be a factor of course and gas alone could cost about 4 times the round trip airfair but could be a blast to go as a group. Anyone else?:unsure:

11. Braddah Jay

Braddah Jay Twin SRT Mags

My son & i just got home from the SRT track experience in Fontana and all i can say is "WOW what a rush!" That has got to be the best ride ever! If you haven't gone yet i highly recommend every SRT owner or future owners to do it. I am still smiling from the last part of the day when we did a ride along with one of the instructors doing the all out shoot out "150 mph in a Viper!" now that was an un real experience... I will post some pics later - gotta get some sleep to be at work at 4:30 am..........

12. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I still think they should send anyone who wants to buy a SRT to the TE...the people would literally drive right to the dealership and buy it hahahaha

13. Exit89

Exit89 Full Access Member

Hello all, I just signed up for the Englishtown NJ event on July 25th, and I can't control my excitement. Last year I had to cancel my scheduled date for this because of the distance. I thought Pennsylvannia was a meer hour or two down the road, but when I found out it was 6 hours and 400 miles away I thought my free pass was gone for good. So seeing that it is a 2 year expiration date for me, has my joint hard again. What's more...Pinks all out will be filming there the next day. A guy from NJChargerGroup will be running his SRT Charger on the show. I hope to see some of you guys and gals there.

14. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

15. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I will be at Etown on the 27 :happy:

16. GC GEEZER

GC GEEZER New Member

Just Do It

What a great experience and I'd sugest that anyone undecided about the purchase of an SRT give serious consideration of doing this before making a final decision. You will know which car you want after the event. These vehicles are awsome and sell themselves. All were pushed all day in 80 degree heat without any sign of break fade or overheating.

These are my observations from my experience in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago:

Consider signing up for the Thursday or first day of the event at your chosen location. It may assure a smaller group (we had only 16 people with about 10 instructors/pros) which equals more driving and more reps in all the cars.

We drove each car of every model SRT they had at least once in each course including the Vipers.

After 12 or more reps, I actually got tired of the performance acceleration (drag racing) phase. That is the value of smaller groups.

The most impressive cars were I felt were Viper, although I just about couldn't get into the damn thing: the Grand Cherokees, "because a 5000 lb brick simply shouldn't be able to perform like these things do" and they were the second fastest on the road course; The Calibers because those little snots just about keep up with the Jeeps on the road course; and the Chargers because they felt less ponderous and seemed a bit faster than the 300's.

The Petty group was extremely professional, well organized and the entire experience including food and all support activities was absoutely top drawer. Well worth the price even if you had to pay for it and pay the cost to get there. You will be sorry if you don't take advantage of this opportunity. They are also asking about interest in an advanced course.... hummm

17. leeperryar

leeperryar New Member

So how does it work as far as which event you go to? On the registration site I do not see a way to confirm which event you will attend and no info on that. Do you just show up? Surely they want to know how many people will be at an individual event.

18. Quick

When I signed up it was somewhere in the registration process. Only the location and dates with openings were displayed. You pick a location and date and get a confirmation (a few days?) later.

19. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

yep...when you register you will get a choice as to where you want to go and when...

20. DanRealtor

DanRealtor New Member

We went twice. Had a blast both times. I'll probably go again, too much fun to pass up.