srt4 wont hold boost but no boost leak

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance Modifications' started by cdn125, Sep 30, 2014.

1. cdn125

cdn125 New Member

So awhile back my srt4 was boosting weird. It would boost perfect then the next time it would barely build. I quickly found out that my air filter had fell off and the compressor wheel had been scarred a little on the leading edges. I took it out and put in a billet compressor wheel, but now my car will only build up to 11 psi than quickly fall off. I have done several boost leak test and cant find any leaks. I have unhooked the vac line going to the actuator and even tied the wastegate shut with no different results. I should get serious overboost when doing that. I have gutted my cat and drove it dumping the exhaust right out of the 02 housing. I even changed back to the old compressor wheel to see if that might help but still the same. When i put the wheel in i never had it balanced. I do have some oil on the compressor side but not enough to make the car smoke. If my bearings are going out could that make it not boost? I have noticed it seems to have a little bit of a snug spot when you spin it but it could be my imagination. There is one very small crack on the manifold where the wastegate flapper shuts but i don't think its enough to hurt. Does anyone have any ideas? Should i rebuild the turbo and see what happens? I know it has nothing to do with the pcm or electrical side of the car because it act no different with the vac line unhooked off of the wastegate actuator. Please give me some ideas thanx.

Mauro likes this.