Stock intercooler

Discussion in 'GT Cruisers' started by nevinsrt, Aug 10, 2009.

1. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

im still working on comeing up with an IC for the PT but just to show you what a stock PT looks like in comparson to the SRT-4. its alot smaller and more compact.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with bumper back on and front crash bar removed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

right were the IC goes between the Raditor and support bracket, the endtanks bottlenecks down to 1.5"

2. elders05srt

elders05srt Full Access Member

3. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

probally because the PT is a more compact design in the front. it has so many curvy lines that it forces the nose to be smaller. you can make the stock IC fit if you do alot of cutting and rewelding of the support brackets for the Raditor heck you could make almost anything fit if you had the right tools, but most of us dont so im trying to find something that fits. Nate (turbosocks) and I are working on a full bolt up kit for the PT. but if you look at the pics there might be some trimming required. were gonna see if we can avoid that.

this evening i have an aftermarket crash bar that i'll be fitting into the PT then remeasureing the room available.

that crash bar is the same size i have on my SRT so it'll feel pretty good when im done. it wont protect the same but it will tie the front end back together for handling.

4. Goats

Goats God of skittles

look like u have enough room to put two togather