SXT, R/T or SRT Challenger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stingray, Mar 14, 2013.

1. stingray

stingray stingray

Out of all 3 models which model will give you the best comfortable ride over real world roads? (beat up roads).:please:

2. jack514

jack514 New Member

Why buy a Challenger SRT?

I've always been a fan of Dodge Challengers and Chargers since they have the muscle car look that most pony cars don't have and they have a lot more metal to protect you. And now I'm debating on buying either a Challenger SRT or a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. I still want the Challenger, but I want more opinions from other people to as why I should buy it over the better performing GT500.

3. bigrussteg

bigrussteg New Member

Sxt for ride and fuel economy... rt for a sportier ride and power... srt for all out balls to the wall power

It's because I'm an A55H0L3!!!

4. stingray

stingray stingray

Same situation here. I have always loved that 68 Charger in bullit and the White Challenger in Vanishing Point. I am on the fence now between a Mustang GT or one of these Challenger models: SXT, R/T, SRT.
    My first gut reaction for some reason is the SRT since it has HID lights and a few other standard equipment items I like. But FORD has a great quality made and reliable car the Mustang best bang for the $$$. My 25 year old Mustang is still going strong with over 245,000 miles and I always get compliments of people noticing it or wanting to buy it. It does get the old car problems like brittle lines and always some problem with idle but she is 25 years old what else can I expect as it has come a long way from the factory when I ordered it back in the day. But the ride on it is terrible on these crapyy bumpy roads we have here. Also if I run over a snail or pebble you will feel it in the old Fox body 5.0 Mustang GT. But car has proven itself to me as being very durable, easy to drive with 5 mph parking bumpers.
    I don't know about the reliability of the Dodge products or the Challenger at this point. I have doubts when compared to the FORD Mustang since Mustang was recommended by Consumer Reports and I have heard some terrible horror stories about the Challenger R/T 5.7 engine with auto trans with MDS feature loosing their timing chains.:sly:
    But I want a bigger car now that will ride comfortable with some performance with more interior space and not having to worry about scrapping air dams or getting curb rash on wheels after having a Corvette and a Fox body 5.0 Mustang:help:

5. stingray

stingray stingray

SXT for most comfortable riding and great price with best fuel economy but stuck with 5 spd. automatic:eek:oh:(Not even a 6 spd. manual or paddle shifter oh but it's a V6)

R/T ??Just not sure about R/T

But SRT is a torque monster when I drove it in the rain and that adaptive suspension is :happy::help:

6. Rec 26

Rec 26 ...a tremor in the MOPAR

El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY Vieques, PR and San
    SRT.

The question shouldn't be which model you should get. The question should be why isn't everyone on the planet driving SRTs other than the fact that they are not WORTHY of driving SRTs.....

LOL

7. stingray

stingray stingray

There is also another model the SRT Core Challenger. What's the difference between this car and the regular SRT besides the Core model having a lower cost? Doesn't have leather seats but fabric seats instead? Different stereos? No HID lights on CORE model?