Treatment you can expect from the new and FOULED up Techco!!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Review' started by 1bad4dr, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

They have built my last two motors without flaws. It took two different CRAPPY vendors to destroy them.

2. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

well....MAD PROPS TO CMW!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

3. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

not necessarily....

absolutely correct....

outside of cmw, you are correct steve!!! lol

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

5. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

hey...i didnt say ONLY a vortech :thongue2:

and....see the CMW thread for what i say about them....

6. rubbel

rubbel Full Access Member

Don't count out the 2.9L whipple/Yella Terra just yet! Some of us still like being screwed!!!!

7. LegMaker

it was IMPLIED by your statement you douche!!!! :D

that is why i had to correct young steve, jim......... he has been blinded by the vortech and all its lovely plumbing! dahahahahaha :shifty:

8. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i got your plumbing right here!

9. Goats

Goats God of skittles

Screw blowers and get a turbo

10. DadsSRT8

DadsSRT8 Crusin in Mag

Not to pile on, but while at a local shop I saw a purple 08 Chally with a Techco S/C... owner knows I have the SRT Mag & asks if I heard of Techco & any one who may be able to help them

Problem is either the ECU has lost all of its tuning motor or the motor is toast .. from this thread sounds like Techco tuning needs some help anyway..

Car sat for about 4- 6 weeks while having interior worked on & then car was revived.. it now has no bottom end.. starts to pull OK in higher rpm range .. prior to this car ran quite well and similar to ohter Techco installs.. according to the owner, he swears the interior shop has not put any mileage on the car..so I doubt the may have blown any internals..

He has the Diablo, but no copy of the last tune.. obviously has tried calling Techco and after 3 weeks - no replies.. I guess this is not a shock

Reviewing the data in only tune he has stored looks similar to what my stock tune was..

So can anyone point me in a direction to help out a fellow SRT /Techco owner get a tune back in his ride.. either pm or post..

Tnx in advance...

11. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Ken,

My suggestion is he calls either Bob at SVS, Adam from ST, or Ryan at Stack (local). They can do email tunes, but will most definitely need the stock tune and data logging.

Sounds like he has the stock tune in it. Feel free to give him my cell. I will assist in anyway possible.

12. sgtstanko

sgtstanko Want to go FASTER!!!

Oh no......GSM(Scott Quaranta) is in a league of their own. The only problem is they all will be back in a different form. GSM is now Nufraudz...I mean Nuformz.

13. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

Ken, if he has the rock crusher unit. I would highly suggest NOT going with a email tune. These units on a stock bottom end take a ton of work to tune properly and it can not be done via email. Once a good base tune is performed, then email touch ups are fine. But the tuner really needs to know how to read plugs properly and disern between real knock and false knock created by that drive design. There are only a couple guys I know that can do that properly.

Gezzis Ronny, this is assnine. I am almost done with the guys I've been helping. Pretty soon it's time to talk publically about what has happened.

14. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

yea, I have had it. When Mary came back and tells me she is not an employee and that I need to talk to Jimmy, that was it for me.

See, she got the copy of the invoice from Grip Tuning and can no longer deny Techco is responsible for paying my repair bill, so back to the shove you off to someone else game...

I know your story, and when that becomes public, it will only solidify what the rest of us have gone through. haha I am sure I can get Scotty or Bob to write their story from my engine catastrophe as well as a couple other customers (neighbors of mine) if Techco's...

15. Cam

Cam Management up n smoke

Well technically, Techco has no employee's, Jimmy included. He's contract for the time being and I would assume so is Mary.

16. MOL

MOL SHOW & PERFORMANCE

it was not implied you just assumed. there is a big difference.:huglove:

17. DadsSRT8

DadsSRT8 Crusin in Mag

Tnx... Ron... the car is in So Cal & is drive-able... so maybe we can get it to Stack or Adam... I have heard from many that SVS does an excellent job as well.. but that means getting the car up north.. I will get more info Ron.. tnx for the offer I will pass it along..

Cam tnx a ton.. do you have any otter suggestions as to where we can get it tuned.. I am calling the guy tomorrow to find out if he had any other mods.. heads, cam, bottom end, .. I know it has headers & of course a CAI.. but still has the cats and after market exhaust..

Appreciate it guys... hopefully we can get him back on the right track.. gotta love the C...

18. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Well, if SRT types converge on SVS, I may have to see about a trip up to Sacramento. :)

19. LegMaker

the exclusion of any other choices IMPLIES singular reference ralph......... i take it your tubing has blinded you as well......:bigwink:

we are all ears.......:shifty:

20. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

I will make sure to include every other possible blower unit next time i make a suggestion....

i thought you'd get the idea though...next time i wont assume ;) :dumb::thongue2: