Why did you get an SRT

Discussion in 'SRT Product Line General Discussion' started by Goats, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Goats

Goats God of skittles

Like the title says. I'll start

I got mine cause when I had my 2000 lightning (bone stock) i went to the track one night an i was at the tree and a neon lined up and i just lol haha its a neon and guess what we went i had him on the 60' time and that was it and killed me and he was stock so i got pissed and I talked to the wife and said im getting a srt4 cause i got wooped and plus i got real tired of paying $60-$70 to fill my tank of gas and only getting 235 miles per tank so i did a serch on it and got a 05 SRT-4 OB new plus i got a really good deal even on the trade-in and im still happy with it even being 2 years now

2. Trey

Trey New Member

Wow. That is a long ass sentence. Like really long.

Anyways, I got mine because it was fast for the money.

3. COOKZ32

COOKZ32 New Member

I got mine because I liked the RT so much.

4. Goats

Goats God of skittles

well it happens sometimes

5. Vadersrt4

Vadersrt4 Screwed @ Birth

got mine because it was the fastest car stock for under $20k.

6. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

I always wanted a real muscle car and wasn't really happy with the looks of the R/T Charger. The R/T test drive was impressive, but knowing there was a "better" version was going to haunt me. So I asked for the SRT and sure enough there was a fully loaded Black one on a trailer with no set destination. Supposedly the first in Northern California. Two years later (as of the 15th) I had no idea I'd be going to drag strips and world class road course tracks or doing bolt-on mods. Its been love ever since. :)

7. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

I have been a loyal Ford freak for as long as I can remember. Then my friend Sean purchased an 05 ACR, after getting a ride in it I knew I needed on. 1 month later I found my 04 with 15k on it bone stock.

8. Goats

Goats God of skittles

yea i was a ford freak also

9. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

Easy...
    It was Simply the Right Thing to do.
    I wanted a car that looked Super Rough and Tough.
    I wanted to have the best car in Street Racing Technology.

10. 6POINT1

6POINT1 New Member

Did the Rad cap mod from an RT (got it before the SRTs were available). I liked it, but I was looking at all the money I would need to put in to get it up to SRT performance and looks. I found a 3 month old used one for the right price and went with it.

11. Dysphagia

Dysphagia Full Access Member

it was cheap:search:

12. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Because I read too much....kept up with the Charger SRT8 development for 2 yrs before it was produced......:what:

13. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

6.1L 425hp...fits 5 people with rear seat dvd...huge trunk...looks awesome inside and out...

that about sums it up...

14. Paulie

Paulie New Member

stumbled across it, never seen nor heard of one, test drive and a price of $17,500 with 16 miles on it, 14 by me and I said sold. been happy with so far.

[​IMG]

15. MoxHair

MoxHair My Name is Mox!

I was a Neon guy who needed more Performance.

16. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Maureen wanted "HER" vehicle to be the SRT10...

A few months after she got the 10, I WANTED a 10. lol Went to my dealer to look at a red 10. In comes Maureen... She states, "WE already have a 2 door truck, WE do not need another!" (Of course she is absolutely CORRECT!) So I kept Eye Balling the Blue R/T Charger sittin on 20's. Me and my Sales Manager were discussing the SRT8 Chargers and he said they have one ordered, but will not be in until late Feb 06 to early March 06 (This was Nov 05). :( Sooooo I got the R/T. great car. December 21st rolls around and my Sales Manager calls me to inform me that the SRT8 Charger JUST pulled in on the truck. SWEEEEEEEET!

I get there in under 5 minutes (lol good thing I live 10 blocks away). The SRT8 was being unloaded while I watched. Man, what a BEAUTY I thought to myself. I call Maureen and tell her about it. About an hour later, Maureen leaves work and comes to the Dealership to take a look see. She likes it alot as well. Problem is I am too upside down on the R/T to trade in. hmmmmm.

The 22nd, Maureen calls me from work and says, "If you want it, BUY it." Woo Hoo. After we signed ALL the finance papers, Maureen looks at me and says, "Merry Christmas baby, I love you"...

My wife is the BEST!

17. Goats

Goats God of skittles

yea my wife is cool like that also

18. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

why....... had two late model bmw's, wanted a big, high hp, 4-door car. was looking at the m5 but i did not want to spend damn near a years salary on a car..... saw one parked in my neighbors driveway one morning and fell in love with the car. did not even know what it was, other than it looked badazz....... traded my two bimmers in within a month!!!! loving life ever since!!

19. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

wow, great story ron....... can you have maureen come out to florida with you the next time so she can give my lovely wife some pointers?? hahahahaha my wifes first comments when she first drove in the charger "this sure isn't the bimmer....." can you say OUCH!!!!! :no:

20. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Dang...you guys make me look like a heel....I just always brought a vehicle home and asked the wife if she wanted to go for a ride...:mellow:......we were at the dealership the other day talking to the sales mgr and I cant remember what was said but the wife tells the sales mgr "yes I know whats next..Challenger..when is it coming out?"....I didnt even know she knew about the Challenger..:dumb: