09 corvette zr1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ALABAMA MSRT8, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

i am a viper fan. will the srt guys have an answer to this one of a kind sports car?

2. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

maybe if the blow the viper...other than that, no.

last time i checked, dodge was rethinking their viper future as well. you folks running the srt 10 will become less and less common.

3. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Pretty cool that the Chevy guys have to add a blower to beat the Vipers 600 hp numbers though...

4. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

The Viper has 2 more cylinders and more then a liter more displacement......

5. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

The tracks won't know the difference!

6. DrBob

DrBob New Member

The Viper is so detuned to what it could do. 800 hp is not that far out of the question I am told by some Viper racers and still be very streetable. So you ask why not do it now? The answer is why do it when a 600hp Viper is as good as or better than the new Z-06.

Now that the ante has been raised, we will see how Dodge responds or if they respond.

7. Stretch

Wow! ... and all this time I thought it was just a 8 cylinder that ate a little too much and swelled up!

8. Stretch

This is true! ...but just think if they were to make a S/C production Viper!

9. bee0912

bee0912 Rumble Bee 0912

10. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

You can compare these cars for days... isn't the new Vette like $100,000? Or about $20,000 more than a Viper? See where I'm going...

11. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

No....they are both around 100K MSRP.

12. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Holy cow, Viper for $91K?!?!

OK, its an apples to apples comparison. My bad.

13. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

You gotta hand it to GM for allowing the green light on this thing, pretty amazing!

14. HTP AutoWorks

HTP AutoWorks New Member

The ACR will wipe the track with a ZR-1. Once heat soak sets in the ZR-1 will be finished. Take them to the strip... different story. It will be a drivers race then...

15. master_1011

master_1011 The Man.

So you didn't see where the ZR-1 set a record on the nurenburg (spelling??) even with a non-pro driver??

I'm not saying the ACR is gonna do bad, but the ZR-1 has numbers to back it up now.

16. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

17. Kevan

Kevan SRT-10 Owner

Anyone who thinks they're getting a ZR1 for MSRP ($99,999.00) is fooling themselves.
    Plan on seeing them around $130-150K.
    Easy.

The LSx platform is done after this. Even bowtie engineers say that. There's no more displacement left. The walls are insanely thin as is.

There are N/A Viper engines pushing 1000 hp. No blower; no turbos; no bottles. You just need to look for them (and shell out some good coin...heh heh).
    There are gigantic single and twin turbo SRT-10s pushing (cleanly) over 1500HP. Getting those numbers from a (2008 version of the) ZR-1 would be almost rocket science.

Times around The Ring seem to be the thing lately. Tell you what: You put Lezley Zen in a hot tub at the end of that track and me in a LeCar, and I'll set all kinds of records.

Sorry, but for a hundy-and-a-half, I'm picking up a Comp Coupe instead. If the ZR-1 is "pure sex on wheels", then the Comp Coupe would be "a long weekend at Peter North's place."

18. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

thats why they didnt blow the ls7 427 7.0L that they run in the c6 z06s. theyre using a new engine ls9 motor 6.2L.

but ls motorheads are tricking out the 427 and the big boys are exp with nitrous shots = 900hp+

19. Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty Dr. Viper

As it was said earlier, the new ACR will flat out wipe the floor with a ZR-1 around a track. It has major advantages in roadholding handling and braking over the ZR-1, no weight disadvantage, and while it trails the ZR-1 in power by a tid-bit, it also will NOT suffer from the heat soak issues that the ZR-1 will.

All of the ZR-1 nuts who are boasting about its 620 horspower... Dig a little deeper guys, and see what kind of intercooler temps they had to run to make that power. 62 degrees F if I recall correctly. Do you EVER think you will see that on the street? No way, and certainly not after you push the go-pedal even once, even on a very cool day.

And at least IMHO, you would have to be nuts to pay over 100K+ for a car that looks virtually identical to its siblings costing half as much, and on top of that, it doesnt even have anything "really" special engine wise, just an SC'd engine from a cheaper model basically. For that kind of coin, it should have had a one-off engine from the ground up and MAJOR distinctions in the body lines.

20. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

what is with the track talk? do you actually think many of these zr1s will ever see a track? hell no they wont. most of them will be locked in their garages and then showed off on the street on the weekends.

i for one couldnt care less about the acr. i need a stereo and air conditioning, im sorry, im girly i guess. plus that wing is embarrassing.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

i do agree with the cheaper engine comment. i would take an ls7 and forge the internals then blow it. though it wont be worth nearly what a zr1 would be worth.

i understand your love of vipers though, i was drop dead in love with them back in high school. i got the chance to drive a 95 rt and then a 99 gts all before i turned 18. loved the gts to death. every viper ive driven since lacked the balls that had....or i just got used to ridiculous power and the weak srt10s i drove lacked the muscle i was used to in blown lsx motors. i had a 94 camaro, 00 c5, 02 trans am and an 02 SS all were blown except for the 02 SS and the 02 trans am with ran 200 shots.

all were faster than any viper except the big money guys rolling 1000hp vipers....which were GTS. lol

at the end of the day though, the zr1 is loads better looking (which is most of the idea in a sportscar) than the acr or even the regular viper.

[​IMG]