9/13 Ride for Pride for Sept 11th...

Discussion in 'NorthEast' started by Immo, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

[​IMG]

That is a great idea! The park is pretty nice, maybe we could get there early and BBQ up some lunch?

The 2008 Ride For Pride will be held on Saturday, September 13.

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C.

2008 will mark the 7th year of the Ride For Pride. For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton, and with the assistance of M. Gonzales and C. Pryce. The first Ride For Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. The 2007 car count was 80, including members from FBodyHideout, Eastern FBody Association, LS1Tech, LS1, FirstStateFBody, HRFBody, LS1GTO, CCGTO, and others.

Here is last year's cruise video...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=26017 963

And the video from 2006…
    http://www.up2nogood.com/911.html

When: Saturday, September 13, 2008.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va
    http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php

Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up. Pull in and proceed to the back of the parking lot.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North (Please read the following: the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.). We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

This year's cruise again has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495E/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. loxmith

loxmith Recovering Post Whore...

Wow...sounds like it should be fun.

3. The_Main_Event

The_Main_Event Creme de la Creme

yea that should be pretty cool to go to

4. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

Bump to top

5. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

We are going to have a BYOF BBQ from 11-1

6. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

There is a Circuit City in Tysons on Route 7 (aka Leesburg Pike).

8520 C Leesburg Pike
    Vienna, VA 22182

If you want to caravan to the park BBQ at the park before the event, this will be the meet up point.

There is a Starbucks on one side and a McDonald's on the other.

There is also an Exxon station VERY close in case you need gas.

Let's meet there around 10:00 and leave at 10:30 sharp.

I gave it alot of thought:

• This is an easy place to find
    • You can get food, gas, or ice,
    • They have a big lot that rarely gets busy.

7. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

Guys, This event is over a week away.... This event is on Sept 13th, a week from Saturday.

I could see if it were this weekend...

According to Accuweather

Saturday, Sep 13

Partial sunshine
    Low: 58 °F
    High: 82 °F

8. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

http://www.daytheeaglecried.com/

Day the eagle cried
    September 11th 2001 - A day that will always remind us of how precious our freedom and therefore life truly is. As the 7th anniversary approaches, four soldiers prepare for the walk of their lives. Walking for 24 hours in the heart of Washington D.C. may seem like a daunting task to some, however the five soldiers committed to walking see it as a way to remember those who died and remember the family members left behind.

The balance of sacrifice and freedom are two elements which make this country great and to those who died on that fateful day……… Freedom will never forget.

We ask all who would like to make their sacrifice to join us on September 11th for 1/2 hour to 24 hours; any is enough

9. srt-4chick

srt-4chick Silver Supporting Members

sounds awesome

10. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

If you want to order any USS NY hats or shirts

USS NY Clothing - USSNY

USS New York

It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center .

It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions th at include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down in a foundry in Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept 9, 2003, 'those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence,' recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. 'It was a spiritual moment for everybody there.'

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the 'hair on my neck stood up.' 'It had a big meaning to it for all of us,' he said. 'They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back.'

The ship's motto? 'Never Forget'

11. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

We have at least 15 Mopars showing up.... I'd love to have more....

12. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

I would like to walk the memorial after....

13. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

This is from another site:

Thank you for the updated info! This is really a grass roots event, maybe next year we can get a web site together with updates, etc?

It seems like some people have forgotten about 9/11. We need to keep this event growing and be sure we as a country do not let our guard down.

14. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

I have a small grill, but I know we can use more... Does anyone else have one they can bring on Saturday? Who else is doing the BBQ and what are you bringing?

15. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

Bump to top...................

16. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

Got the Kowalski Hot dogs.... 9 LBS

17. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

damm paul id love to go but so far away!!!

18. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit

Will do....

This is from another site:

Good post Tracey!!!!

I got mine on Monday.

One last bump. Hope to see you either at the Circuit City Caravan (Near McDonalds and The Container Store) in Tysons at 1000 or at Cameron Run Park NLT 1330.

If you have questions, e-mail me (I'll get them on my phone) immo at dclxclub dot com

Circuit City
    8520 C Leesburg Pike
    Vienna, VA 22182

From Accuweather:

Saturday, Sep 13
    High: 88 °F RealFeel®: 93 °F
    Partly sunny, warmer and humid

19. Immo

Immo Made in Detroit