Argh!!! Noise complaints at 6 pm

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by ChargerGirl, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, but last I checked I'm allowed to run the dishwasher and washer and make dinner at 6 o'clock at night, without having to worry about my downstairs neighbor coming up to bitch at me for making too much noise. Right? Well, that's what just happened. Currently I'm mad as hell, because Marc answered the door and apologized and that was it. If I had answered the door, I probably wouldn't have been so nice. Has anyone heard of crap like this? Who the hell expects things to be monastery quiet at freakin' 6 pm on a weeknight??? :wallbash:

2. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Id be tap dancing on the ceiling by now Tam, WTF! :sly:

3. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

That's insane! Time to crank up Dethklok and show 'em how lucky they are to have you as neighbors. (Although Marc does appear to be a closet rowdy to me.)

[​IMG]

4. ChargerGirl

Its really stupid. They accuse of us of running around and making godawful racket all day long. Um, hello, its an apartment building with open walkways and people run back and forth on them ALL DAY. Its not just us. This is the second time the wife has bitched, this time she sent her husband to complain. I'm sorry, last I checked part of living in an apartment is tolerating the background noise. Of course we're in no situation to buy at a house at the moment (working on paying down credit, I'm not working and going to school fulltime) plus 20% down out here is ridiculous. Argh. I miss living in a house.

5. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Place the stereo speakers face down, and crank up the bass!

6. Trojan

Could be you and the husband have been "Lets just say being naughty" Lately :hug: and the neighbors are just jealous? After all you are a newlywed.:thumb2:

7. ChargerGirl

Well, I read Marc the riot act about how there's nothing to apologize for and he's going to speak with the apartment management tomorrow about them harassing us to see if maybe someone can explain to Miss Noise Complaint about how its noisy in apartment buildings and to just get over it.

8. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Move back to TN and you can afford your own house....:thumb:......best thing is to call you neighbor at 2am and ask them if you are making too much noise....:argue:

9. ChargerGirl

This is why you get REALLY cushy mattresses.

Anyway, they never bitch us on days we ARE noisy, just the days or times we're not really that noisy, which is why I think they are bitching at the wrong people or freaking out about people walking on the walkway/balcony.

They claim it sounds like "bodies falling down". Dishwashers and washers and flattening some chicken breasts does not equate to that kind of noise. People running/walking outside on the thin little balcony/walkway does. But they complain to us.

10. ChargerGirl

I'm tempted to go down and ask permission every time I plan to do anything noisy. After a while they'd get the hint or move. :happy:

11. Vadersrt4

Vadersrt4 Screwed @ Birth

Go down to their apartment everyday and ask them to turn their Tv down and to please stop making so much noise. LOL Return the favor

12. Trojan

Its not like you ask when you lay down twin stripes exiting the complex, why ask when you make dinner? :harhar:

13. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Maybe they figure you guys are the least aggressive looking neighbors, and are taking their frustrations out on you 'cos they figure you won't smack 'em upside the head. Mabe it's time we had an M&G at your place, bring Guido, Lefty and Sol, and restore a proper sense of community to the building.

14. ChargerGirl

Well, we've lived here four years and these are the only people to complain at or about us. Add to that, the only noises I ever hear while inside the apartment are people walking/running by (yes it always sounds like elephants), slamming doors (like shake the building slam), and parties in the next building over when they have fifteen people on a balcony. Nothing from actual neighboring apartments. So to me this says that they falsely assume its us, when its not and that they actually had some crazy expectation of tomblike silence when they moved in here. Um, hello, its an apartment, you share walls with three to four other apartments, you're going to hear stuff. Get over it....

Okay, I'm about out of steam, just god that pisses me off!

15. justav6

justav6 New Member

I could invit some of my Biker friends over to your apartment and have them ask your downstairs neighbors to join us for a "spot of tea"..............lol........think they would get the message. Anyways good luck with them.

16. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

I hear ya T... especially with the way they make these appartments now days... you can hear just about everything. You would think they would have figured that out by now. Lol!

17. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Listen T, although being a respectful neighbor is important, which I believe you guys are (cushy mattress and all), you cannot let them steamroll you two. You should quickly admonish Mark for 'enabling' them (lol) as they will be back. What I would do in your situation is desensitize them to noise....progressively get louder and louder over the course of weeks...continue to stay at that decibel level despite there repeated requests to quiet down...and then return to your happy go-lucky mildly noisey selves. I like Stretch's idea but this may be at the end of the desensitization continuum. lol.

18. ChargerGirl

Well, since they apparently seem to think they are in the right, I'm pointing Marc to a higher authority, apartment management. I want to go to them before these guys do. Also, I want it documented that we feel unfairly harassed for things that are beyond our control. It helps that we know the management and we've been here four years and never missed the rent, whereas I think the neighbors have been here six months, maybe.

19. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Drop a bowling ball at 3AM:mad2::angel::imao:

20. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

"Flattening chicken breasts"? You aren't using power tools to do that are you? :erm:

I like Hal's idea. Drop a bowling ball in the wee hours of the morning. Just once. Perfectly quiet before and after. They'll wake up :shok: and never know what it was that woke them up :rofl2:. Won't solve anything but it will provide you guys with no end of amusement.