Argh!!! Noise complaints at 6 pm

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by ChargerGirl, Nov 15, 2007.

1. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Yes, this is the best route to go...although I do like the bowling ball idea at 3AM...won't know what hit em LMAO...just make sure it doesn't drop through the floor lol jk....what do they expect you to be? MIce? sheesh :bottom:

2. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

Does your lease say anything about quiet hours? I know in our complex its 10pm-8am (except for when I start my car at 6:30am and wake everyone up). I'd just tell them to F off because its not that late, of course I'm not much of a people person.

3. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Wow T that sucks next time he comes up hopefully he slips going down the stairs (hint, hint, banana) LOL

4. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

tam i feel for ya!!! your experience is why i could never make it in that kind of environment!!! good luck to both of you getting things resloved. btw, where are your apts at??? just curious if i have any old "friends" that could help you out there!! hahahaha

5. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Ya... Chris is more into the Crack house or Brass rail type sleeping conditions...

6. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Oh hell yes...

Let me know when this goes down and I am there.

I will even bring the beast for some EXTRA noise benefits. hehe

7. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Ours is 10 pm to 7 am, which is why I am pissed. If I'd answered the door, I probably would've said to f-off. We pay rent same as everyone else.

8. ChargerGirl

This apartment complex is actually fairly new, built 5 or 6 years ago. Its across from the old Camp Parks entrance on Dougherty.

LOL, as much as I appreciate the sentiment and yes, it'd be my preference to make a lot of racket, we just re-upped the lease for a year and are working on our credit and the lottery so we can afford a house before any potential kids are old enough to REALLY create some noise. :moon::suspect::hypno:

9. ChargerGirl

Okay, Marc called apartment management while I was out walking and they said if the folks downstairs complain again, to refer them to management. :viking:

The guy said its not unusual to get noise complaints that are no fault of the upstairs neighbor. In one case, some of the flooring was loose from the structure and so it amplified the noise of walking upstairs. There's also the landings, which when people walk or run on these, can confuse people as to where the noise is coming from. :suspect:

Basically he agrees with us and is going to try and resolve this with them if they complain again. In the meantime, we'll be careful not to do anything outside the norm (like loud music, running appliances late at night, etc), but we're also not going to drastically alter our habits considering we are typically pretty quiet anyway. Here's hoping I don't have to rant on this again. :baby:

10. Reacher

Reacher SRTFIED

Zoomerloomloom

We'll Predator the PCM up to 6400 rev limit, back the Zoomers up to their front door, and let it rip for about a gallon. Then they can complain and you don't have to feel slighted

:blowup:

11. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Ok, so when you and Marc get a house, I will come out for an Apartment Moving OUT party. hehehehe

12. ChargerGirl

LOL! Soon hopefully. :drugs: