Dyno'ed the truck today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLACK1, Jun 7, 2008.

1. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Marty, Randy, and Mickey we dynoing Mickey's truck today.... Earl (Brat), Dennis (6packattack) were there too. It was a lot of fun! I thought I'd throw mine on the dyno to see what it would do..... She pulled a 425.30WHP/423.15WTQ STOCK!!!! (Well, pretty much stock... Maggy Cat-Back and a JMB CAI :dunno2:) I am pretty pleased!!! :grin: Marty hooked me up with a SCT tune to see what she would do. We tuned for 93oct first, but I forgot I filled up at HESS with cheap-ass gas :dumb: So we brought it down to 91oct.... He was still able to get another 40WTQ out of her! (461.09) :king: Can't wait to run this crappy fuel out and fill up with some good Sunoco fuel. :worthy: Then we will try the 93oct tune again...... Hopefully on a 70deg day (93deg today :mad2: ).

[​IMG]

2. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

It is PATHETIC of the static loss on the 10's.

When we dyno'd Maureen's for a base line it was right around 428/442 and it is a FRICKEN 6 speed. lol

Of course the A/F was WAY fat. 11.8ish. DAYM...

Glad you guys had fun though...

3. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

That's what I'm sayin'!!!! :future:

425ish HP at the wheels for a AUTOMATIC truck, (w/ a 727 trans that take SO MUCH hp to run) made 425WHP! :dancinlock: I think that ain't too bad. :dunno2:

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

I wouldnt let Marty dyno my son's bicycle.....tell the turd my truck has been sitting on the dyno for over 2 weeks now waiting for him to send a tune...and answer my 4 calls....:mad2:............and he owes me $600 for the dyno rental..

5. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Too bad, Larry.... :dunno2: But, you know I've known you for a while now.... (what 2YEARS???) ...... I've MET Marty, and he is a stand-up guy. :dunno2: But, I've met him in person... had lunch with him... and he's helped me out. Now, I know Marty has some "bad blood" on here, from another forum, and from another member..... I can't say anything about that. All I can say is, his shop is LITERALLY 2 MILES from me. And, I see him on a regular basses. He has not done me wrong. :dunno2:

Again, I'm sorry if you have had a different experience. :friends:

6. Prof

Prof Cantankerous Old Fart

Jake...strong numbers! Ready to buy my RC for Sarah?

I could ship it to you with ZERO miles on the new forged engine...??? My guess is that with the Roe small pulley, you would see rwhp in the mid-700's...engine will be rated for 1200!

7. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Jake, Marty was very nice when he was working with me. He never was in a hurry when on the phone (when I could catch him). He seemed like he knew what he was doing and wanted to help out.

But leaving me during a dyno tune is just plain sorry. I am sure he has been great for you and others but i am not the first he has left out in the cold. He cost me over $600 for the dyno and other related expenses. I took a day off from work which means I lost billing hours.

I did not connect his name until Ron pointed out who he was. He has a reputation among LX owners. If I had remembered who he was back 3 months ago I would have never done business with him.

I hope he takes care of you. He is capable and since he is just 2 miles from you it makes sense for you to continue with him as long as he takes care of you. I have not blazed him on the VTCOA forum because he is a supporting vendor. He will never be a vendor here if I have anything to do with it.

BTW..those are great numbers and I am sure you are quite happy. Congrats and enjoy that feeling when you mash the go pedal...and we need to do something about that "But, you know I've known you for a while now.... (what 2YEARS???) ...... I've MET Marty"..maybe a GTG or a shuttle launch......:dancinlock:

8. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Cause you live down the road.

Give it time Jake, and that guy will SURELY bend you over. IMO.

glad he IS taking care of you though.

9. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

You have NO WORRIES Larry.

10. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

Sorry to hear about your troubles Larry, If I can help in any way lemme know.

Very nice Jakers :worthy::worthy:

11. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

No problem now Mikey but thanks anyway...Torrie from Unleashed Performance (a supporting vendor here) came to my local dyno and tuned my truck.....well maybe you can help me....I am in bad need of drag radials now..:whistle:

12. FLTech

FLTech New Member

First, I would like to personally thank Ron for inviting me over here to register. Do not ask me any questions concerning my business as he laid this out clearly to me.

Second, in my defense, Larry bought the SCT on a GB for $499, then he recieved 14 .LL3 files (tunes) from me.
    4 on the day of the dyno which ended at closing time on Thursday. I never recieved any messages from the office that he called on Friday or that point on. That office person no longer works there. My last e-mail from him was at 1 pm on the Thursday. I have a list of all the emails from him saved in his folder (many). Not a single e-mail to the SCT laptop came from that Thursday on after 1 pm. Nothing PM'd on the Viper site...nothing. His last tune was sent around 4pm. I am sorry our communication did not connect, but I am glad Torrie got you tuned as he is a stickler for drivability.

Third, here is the Dookie story, feel free to ask Kyle personally and let a dead horse lay:
    1) I bolt on Heat Performance CNC Heads, headers, Cam, B&G. Begin tuning, valve hits piston.
    2) Purchase billet rods and pistons at cost for Kyle; I eat the machine bill and labor on this second job, keep it a 6.1, tone down the cam. Hit 422 rear wheel and send him home.
    3) Kyle has severe oil consumption in the heads, finds out valve stem seals are the issue.
    4) Kyle installs another cam from Heat, plus some MAP sensor tweak. Still not the right combo for him. Upset, he want's money back from me. SO I send him a new Callies Stroker kit complete, which was my labor. He was very satisfied with the outcome and promised to tell all I did right, which he did. PPP even knew of it. I was happy and Kyle was happy when UPS showed up.
    5) He originally came to the shop for a turbo setup, which changed once there and nitrous was his choice. That turbo was installed on the first Turbo SRT8 Jeep and posted 650 rear wheel. The first cam specs are in our SRT8 Jeep that just ran 11.1 and posted 700+ rear wheel.

I had a great time tuning all the SRT10 Rams in Feb and last week. Met some new folks too. Jake, stop by anytime or we can hang out in the Rams on Merritt Island anytime.

Marty

13. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Thank you Marty for being civil and respecting my wishes.

This will remain an open thread just as long as it stays Civil!!

End of story!

14. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Just to keep things simple...Marty your excuse everytime is "I never recieved any messages from the office that he called on Friday or that point on" or something similiar....just go to your threads on the VTCOA......

"Second, in my defense, Larry bought the SCT on a GB for $499, then he recieved 14 .LL3 files (tunes) from me. "......2 thoughts here....I guess since I paid $499 I wasnt intitled to a good tune....and yes it took many tunes to just get the truck where I could get to the dyno....strange that Torrie sends 1 tune and the truck runs OK?...I dont know Marty..where there is smoke there usually is fire...

15. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

I just want to clear my end of things here.....

1. I am not "plugging" Marty in any way. I never made a reference to his shop, IN ANY WAY. The only mention was his name (and I posted the dyno sheet, which I didn't notice or realize at the time, had his shop name on it).

2. I would be quite disappointed if this thread turns into a pissing match, or folks start opening old wounds. This was not my intention... all I wanted to do was share my results on MY TRUCK, as I thought they were pretty good numbers for a "stock" SRT-10.

3. I didn't know Marty from Adam... I had no idea what past he has with the LX folks... We all know how these things can fester. And really, I appreciate the history lesson, but it's not needed here. All I know is, he was courteous to me, tuned my truck well (I stood over his shoulder and WATCHED him plug in every number... I am not new to SCT tuning, even had the software at one time... I'm not an expert by any means, but there was nothing plugged into the matrix that looked funky or out of place to me), and people that I would TRUST MY LIFE WITH trust there vehicles with him.

Thanks for logging onto the Connection, Marty. I can only hope the folks here continue to give the same courtesy VTCOA has given Hennessey.... And he had MUCH BIGGER ISSUES over there. Also, thanks to Ron and Larry for attempting to clear the air.

Cheers to you all,
    Jake

16. TheSickness

TheSickness 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing !

I like your siggy Jake :love:

17. BLACK1

BLACK1 Head Monkey

Thanks, Buddy. :bigwink:

18. FLTech

FLTech New Member

Larry, I am sorry our communication did not make it well. I recieved the last fax from Blue Oval Dyno shop at 3:39pm on Thursday 22nd with 554hp and 573tq. I did not recieve anymore emails, faxes or even a PM on VTCOA.

3 Faxes 595hp/616tq-578hp/-554hp. Point is, I did not avoid you. I stayed late on the 12th till 7:40pm sending you files. Thursday at closing, I left as usual to get my kids. We simply did not connect on Friday. I had the office issue you a credit for $100 on the tune. That puts your tuner GB price down to $399. I hope that helps offset your tuning time. Take care.

Marty

19. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Thanks for the credit Marty. Didnt mean for Jake's thread to run this way and I apologize to Jake for that. I think both sides have made their points so I will leave it at that.

20. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

EXACTLY ron.....

kinda reminds me of the comments you always hear about people that lived near hennesy would always say good things, but those doing business from afar....not so pleasant.....

back on topic...... jake, nice numbers and i am sure you have to be stoked about a 40 hp increase with the tune!!! congrats and maybe i will see you at old town sometime!!