Funny taser video

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Vadersrt4, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Vadersrt4

Vadersrt4 Screwed @ Birth

2. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Can you say COMPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their is a reason for the saying, "WE CAN DO IT YOUR WAY OR MY WAY!" The last thing I wish upon anyone is having authority used upon them, because if you give us a reason then it's time to open a can!!!

3. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

On the Escalating use of Force scale, I thought the Taser was supposed to be the compliance tool of last resort, used only when "deadly force" was the only other remaining option. There's a reason it's called "Less-Lethal" and not "Non-Lethal". The Taser has become the easy-way-out for way to many LEOs, IMO. Discuss.

4. Trojan

Trojan Trillions Bro! Right on!

Yeah Oz I agree what I saw on the utah speeding video made me sick to my stomach, That LEO had no right and in front of the dudes wife to boot.
    I was appalled to say the least. Seems to me the cop had a small case of small man syndrome.

5. Vadersrt4

Vadersrt4 Screwed @ Birth

On the same link they discuss what the officers other choices could have been( I.E. Forcing her out of the vehicle, pepper spray , baton , etc )and why the officer chose to use the taser instead of them. I honestly think she was warned one too many times. It doesnt get any simpler than "get out of the car or i am going to tase you"- She had the opportunity to not be tased. Occupational hazard of being a turd.

Ozzie- The taser has indeed become and easy way for Leo's to get out of physical altercations with people, and i must say that sometimes they get a little carried away with it. I honestly think in this case the officer was justified in using the taser on this person. She was being unruly from the moment he pulled her over, he even called for backup because he knew he was going to have issues with this person.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. diegochrysler

I can see both sides on the issue, but unless you've been their done that it is easy to judge or be the Monday Morning Quarterback! As soon as the lady saw him draw the taser she should of been, "HANDS UP SAYING OKAY OKAY ANYTHING YOU WANT!" On the other side of the coin, their are officers that go right to it instead of trying to talk to the person and get them to comply. How long should someone wait and how do you know the person isn't sizing you up! Their are way too many things to take into consideration.

Me personally the last thing I want to do is go hands on! We don't have tasers, but we do have mace and batons. The batons could easily turn it into a PINATA party. THANK GOD I haven't had to baton much less mace anyone. Have been in the chitty position to pull the BIG WORK TOOL out, but again THANK GOD I didn't have to pull the trigger.

Again I can see both sides. I don't like to judge co-workers much less other agencies, because I wasn't in their shoes at the time of the incident.

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

Respect My Ahtoritiiiiii!

8. diegochrysler

That is Jason (MOMO) all the dam time around work! The office partitions are high enough that you can't see that little chit, but you can hear him. He sounds like an eleven year old boy that just got his private and right wingman caught in his zipper when he starts with his, "RESPECT MY AHHHHORITIIIIIIIIIIIIII!:thongue2:

9. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Well said, and duly noted. There are enough pressures put on patrol LEOs without the YouTube judge/jury/executioner pile-on.

The answer lies (as it always has I think) with training. Few agencies give their line officers nearly enough useful UOF training.

10. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

hahahaha i can picture him walking around yelling "RESPECT MY AHHHHTOORIIITIIII!!!"