GOOD READ... 300C Pedders Bump Steer install Customer Story

Discussion in 'Pedders Suspension' started by hemi4me?, Jul 30, 2008.

1. hemi4me?

hemi4me? 300CSRT8

Hey guys, thought I would post this thread from a 300C member. I spoke to George about his car, and with his concerns we started with just a couple upgrades. His main issue was the fact that the steering wheel would move so much in his hands when he went over rough road. (Bump Steer, which is noticed in many 300C and LX family of cars). We went with a very modest upgrade the Bump Steer kit ($82.00) and the Front Radius Rod Bushes ($157 / Pair) and htis made a very nice difference for him. Read his post and call me with questions!

Got the EP2113 and front radius rod bushing installed EP6567 installed by
    my local chrysler dealer.

George, Coolv300c on 300C Forums

"I can honestly say, that if you are considering any upgrade, do yourself
    a favor and at least get the bump steer bushings!!!

There is a stretch of expressway on the way home that use to make it
    feel as if I needed to balance the tires. In fact I was taking the car to discount tire often to get the tires balanced thinking the problem was with the tires. It wasn't until I drove through this over and over and noticed the vibrations weren't constant. Eventually found the "ripples" in the road that produced the vibrations felt in the steering. Never noticed in either of
    the hondas (had an accord, but now a pilot), but always in the 300C. Not anymore! This is completely gone now!!! I drove back out and went over it again just to be sure!

There's a right hand turn at a traffic light off of the exit that I get off.
    It has a bump in the middle that always made the car skip. It is
    completely gone!!!!

Even better, a strip of road that I drive everyday that has very uneven
    pavement used to make the steering wheel dance in my hands. Not
    anymore!!!

This kit has eliminated the dancing steering wheel syndrome!!!!!!!

I can only imagine how good this car could be if I did more. I am
    considering a spring/damper upgrade next."

Lil blurb about Bump Steer (thank you Wikipedia)

Bump Steer is the term for the tendency of a wheel to steer as it moves upwards into jounce. It is typically measured in degrees per metre or degrees per foot.

On modern cars the front of the tire moves outwards, as the suspension is raised, a process known as the front wheels "toeing out". This gives roll understeer. The rear suspension is usually set up to minimise bump steer, where possible.

A typical value is two degrees per metre, or perhaps more, for the front wheels.

Excessive bump steer increases tire wear and makes the vehicle more difficult to handle on rough roads.​

Just a note, this kit is under $82.00 and can be installed at your local Pedders Dealer, your Chrysler dealer, and by many of you with tools at home!

Call Paul with any questions about this kit paired with the Front Radius Rod Bushes, and or shocks and springs to lower your LX and make it more fun to drive and even more comfortable that stock!

[email protected]

(623)341-9797

Watch these vids about the Bushes!​

YouTube - Chrysler LX Radius Rod Bushes and Why they Fail

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a0QKBxgV8wM

YouTube -

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

That's a good read. I intend on the Pedders bump steer kit at a minimum. I'll hopefully just be able to do the full bush kit!

3. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Thanks for posting that about the bump steer! I've heard crap from people who have a friend, but never seen a write up like this. Glad to hear you like it.

4. hemi4me?

hemi4me? 300CSRT8

Yah, this is the first customer that I heard from with the bump steer correction and radius rod bushes only. All my other customers did other changes at the same time!

Glad to see its so easy on the posckets to make a nice upgrade!