M3

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by MotherMopar, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Ok, I started a post awhile back before I ever saw one in person. Well, I saw on in person this past weekend. HOLY SHIT... then I sat in it... DOUBLE HOLY SHITS!

Folks, that is one badass car. Interior: superb. Materials: superb. Comfort: superb. Styling: subperb. I mean, looking this car over for 30 minutes, I couldn't find an asthetic flaw. Finish and fitment to gawk at. Truly a masterpiece on wheels.

It looks aggressive and yet very refined.

Reading about what this car can do makes it all the more incredible. I've seen forum and article reports (including slips) of 12.7 in the 1/4 bone stock... and the damn thing isn't a drag car.

Every review has it beating the likes of 911, GT-R, etc. in overall performance/abilities/comforts, or combos thereof, etc.

Damn nice car for sure... with a backseat.

The dealer tells me he'd sell the one on the lot for $62K (before haggling). Now, I'm NOT getting one, but to me that aint a bad deal right there for such an overall performance machine of that caliber (not to mention the materials, build, etc.). The damned seats adjust and feel like those computerized massage chairs... thigh width adjustment, lumbar, etc. etc. etc.

Just wanted to stir the wasp nest and give props to a fine auto.

2. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

I'd agree with the assessment but those things are ... small. The $62K list is not outrageous for what you get but it's ... small.

3. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

Hmmm..not as intense as your first encounter with an SRT8..:D

"It is truly a masterpiece, visually... it looks like a medevil torture device, purely evil in presence, utterly intimidating... a mythical world-destroying beast in performance to boot"..

4. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

I love the car ... I just don't care for the douchebags who drive them.

5. MotherMopar

True.

True.

Further observations/responses:

Before the Charger, I really wasn't all that aware of built-in driving dynamics... as in how the car is designed/laid-out to perform. Rick enlightened me ALOT on that area... hence my futile attempt at suspension work (only resulting in KW V1's).

As for douchebags, I agree. Alot of folks with the $ to buy an M3 buy it because of the nameplate and that's it... likely without a true understanding of the vehicle and what it is. Same could be said for some SRT8 owners... the SRT8 isn't simply a straight-line car (the AMG influence).

I was never a fan of BMW's until this latest generation popped-up and now realizing that this new M3 stock-stock is as fast as an SRT8... well, that spoke volumes... then doing the 'research' into its other abilities...

6. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Agreed, I ran into one on the highway everytime he tried to pass well lets just say he failed.

Did not look to happy but the M3 was a killer color it was that dark blue very hot looking car, especially the front which is most of what I was looking at in my rear view. :)

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i believe it was the "cockometer" LOL

my buddy here drives one...fully loaded...white with the CF roof....

8. Brad Jones

Brad Jones New Member

Jason,

Your S/C issue kind of drifted off into the sunset...then you announced you were selling it lock, stock and barrel.....now you are verbally masturbating over the M3......

I have an uneasy feeling that your car, blown motor or rebuilt, is a possible candidate for heading down the road......:sick:

If that is anyway in the least true, I am so very sorry that it has bummed you to this point........

9. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Have you ever seen how tall Momo is?

10. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

hey!!! you have quoted my sig!!! hahahahahahaa must of had to dig deep to find that nugget of "mustang sally" folk lore!!!

hey, i drove them for years before the charger!!! :thongue2:

i was thinking the same thing!!! lol

11. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

LOL..You had it right at first...I just went to one of your posts and copied...;):friends:

12. ALABAMA MSRT8

ALABAMA MSRT8 Full Access Member

Does Anybody Have A Picture Of An M3?

13. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

[​IMG]

14. LegMaker

the two door is even sexier!!!

15. SRTLUVR

SRTLUVR Detailing "Go-to" Guy

Love that car. Are you gettin one or what, Jason??? Why the post if you're not gettin one??? Spill it you bastard!!!!!! :)

16. 1fastsedan

1fastsedan Destroyer of Warranties

While they are fairly quick and nimble, they still look like any Camry on the street. Plus, BMWs are known for having electrical issues too early in life.

17. LegMaker

you are smoking pot on the camry comment........

but you are dead nut on with the electrical comment adam!!!

every single one of mine had electrical gremlins!!! and they always seemed to rear their ugly little heads two days AFTER the warranty expired!!! lol

18. MotherMopar

1. I'm not getting one.
    2. My car stays for now. This whole blown engine knocked me down hard. It's fixed, btw. It's basically stock again... And I don't have the money to redo the car (remember I sold my old mods to get the blower). There is no way the wife would let me start modeing again, and to be honest, I don't have the heart or drive to start over from scratch again.
    3. The M3 would possess everything I'd want in a high performance car, quickness, world class handling and world class fitment/luxury.
    4. As for it looking camry... Adam, really? Our cars are more plentiful on the streets than new bmw's and aren't nearly as unique looking... And our cars aren't 'camry like'. Anyone with a brain can recognize a srt8 or an m car over anyother vehicle out there.

19. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

You're the man of the house!!! Stick out that Man Chest and go tell her what for... then tell her if you want that M3 you'll get it! ..... (I'll pick you up from the hospital later....)

20. LegMaker

lmao ^^^^