M3

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by MotherMopar, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Quick

Quick Mgmt. - I can't help you

"Drew, could you swing by the hospital for me and pick up Jason? I have no idea what happened. He looked like he was going to say something and then he sort of puffed out his chest started stuttering. I think he pulled a muscle or something 'cause he started choking and just doubled over. I was busy with the kid so I called some of his friends on the squad to take him in to get checked out."

2. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Ya... I'll grab him. Couldn't be a "pulled muscle" though... that "muscle" is in a jar on the fridge beside it's two "buddies"....Lol...

3. Bud

Bud GG EVO IX MR

Jason, you know how I feel about the new M3's. After "a lot" of research, I've found you can get an '08 for under $50K. The one nagging issue guys are having with the DCT is lag...mainly in full auto. BMW has been revising the software and it is about 50/50 on those experiencing it and those who don't. Maintenance costs are considerably more expensive than our cars...if you can believe it. The M3 is a drivers car...not a fag...I mean drag racers car! Find me a review that says the new M3 is anything but a phenomenal car! I do think I would need to do a test drive before my mind is made up. I don't street race, but the M3 has under 300 foot lbs of torque, and I think this would reduce some of the fun factor in driving it. Oh, and don't worry too much about not having the blower anymore....you've only lost a car length! LOL

4. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Why we post to one another is beyond me, as I see you nearly every week.

Anyway...

I did some preliminary research on the lag of the DCT and the BMW community is claiming it was solved; there apparently were alot of updates that kind of worked, and now it is good to go?!?! Whether or not that's opinion or fact I don't know. *Now you've got me researching this shit*
    Apparently, the lag was during specific times of fast braking and hard acceleration only... once again, opinion or fact?!?!

As for maintenance, true. However if you have the warranty intact (like 4 years/50,000) pretty much everything is taken care of.

After your time is up (from a googled forum post) oil changes:

Dealer 1: Quote $442.84 (i almost fell out of my chair when i heard this)
    Dealer 2: Quote $139.95
    Shop: Quote $126.00 (if i was to bring the oil and filter labor would only be $50)

The oil and oil filter can be brought from Tischer for $82 shipped.

I'm sure parts are more expensive, but as for the oil change, it isn't THAT bad. When I googled the oil change cost for the new M3, a few others are doing their own, so a 'do it yourself' option is there.

I'm just talking as I'm not getting one, but I suppose that after 4 years/50K, I'd likely try to get a new one or something else... as most folks would. If you were to keep the car, BMW offers an extended warranty (including maintenance).

As for the torque level of 295 ftlbs., I'm not SO sure that'd be SO noticeable, considering numerous accounts of 4.7 0-60 times... with the manual tranny... the DCT is supposed to be a little quicker (faster shifts). The thing's got spunk.

Pricing (like I said, now you got me investigating): one dealer claims they'll sell a new one, DCT coupe for $60,000 and change... that was an email quote (they were FAST in responding and must be hurting for business).

While everyone has their bias, there's really no demeaning that this M3 is a superior vehicular athlete... many accounts state that it is a world class thoroughbred. Kind of like our SRT8's are more or less power lifters where as the M3 is a triathelte.

Oh well, it might as well be a friggin' Lamborghini 'cause I ain't got either! LMAO!

5. Quick

Hey Ralf, set aside a few hours every couple of months. Momo is going to change his oil "himself".

6. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

All I am gonna say about the M3 is it's pretty damn fast......but not fast enough;)

7. Stretch

LMAO!!!!

Ya... after driving his S/C'd Charger for a while.... don't think he will be happy with the M3...stock that is... he'll be looking at that stage three 900+ hp kit in no time.... oh man.... here we go again...

8. Quick

Momo, you said your car is fixed. How about a wrap up on your other thread? You just kind of left that hanging. We know that you decided to return to stock but...

What exactly was the extent of the damage?
    Any NEW speculation as to the root cause once it was opened up?
    What went into fixing it?

You know, that sort of stuff.

9. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

didnt you read ricks comment?

the M3 is for drivers not Fags like you who drag race LOL

10. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

The driver had his jaw on the ground as the fag was ready to go by him at 160mph:p:dancing:

11. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

m3s are gay....there that was my helpful post of the day.

12. MotherMopar

Damn right! LOL

Hey douchebag, like you're one to talk! LOL

Folks, I can only say that it got fixed. Blown #5 cylinder. Needed a new engine. Cause? Overheated. What caused it to overheat? There was no real way to tell as there were a number of factors involved that would both point to and away from the blower if all the components were working properly. Long story that I can't get into for reasons of confidentiality.

Vortech, in the end, showed 'some' desire to be helpful, but at that point I said fuck it and moved on.

What nugget of info/proof that can be provided will come to light in the not too distant future. But that is out of my control. Standby to standby.

I know my answers are vague, but its all I can do.

Without starting the debate all over again...

The M turns very well stock. Our cars, not so much so, comparatively speaking. I enjoy both aspects of driving... straight acceleration and the turns... just not that skilled at the turns as some.

BTW: if anyone is interested in a car with not even 19K on it, in very good condition, KW's, chromed OEM wheels and a new engine, let me know... it MAY come down to it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  13. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

hahahaha

i got nothing but good stuff to say about the M3...again my buddy has one...very nice...i like it a lot

if i wanted a handling car i woulda bought that or the C63AMG...all were options....just gets old and annoying to hear the "DEEEEERRRRRRRRR DRIVING STRAIGHT IS EASY AND ONLY FOR DOUCHE BAGS!!!" lol...i wouldnt thrash my car in the twisties nor would i if i got an M3 or C63...which is why i got mine lol...

but we get it...its hard to turn the steering wheel...lol...

if you get one stick around here...tell us about it...its all good brotha man...just dont forget many of us enjoy going straight...fast lol...

you know we love ya

you too ricker...even if you do like man sack LOL :hug:

14. Stretch

Oh he'll stick around.... it may be in a curb rashed Mustang, 1978 M3 (modified), wife's SUV, whatever.... but he'll never leave us...

15. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Thats pretty damn helpful Steve :)

16. MotherMopar

Good grief! I'm not getting one! I just respect and like them! Just like a z06... I ain't getting one of those either!

*even if I did get one I'd still be around to harass you rotten bastards! LOL

17. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

i try to help wherever i can. rickster would be right at home driving one with his little gay dog sitting on his lap.

18. Stretch

Why do you think it stays in his lap!!!

19. MotherMopar

Diego gay? Baahahahahaha! That little pervert has a tiny stuffed rabbit that it bangs on a daily basis. I shit you not. He carries it around, then takes it someplace secluded... comes back a little later... rabbit it left with a wet spot on its ass, alone in its shame. TRUE STORY FOLKS!

BTW: My 20 month old son stays at Rick's place during the day with Mrs. Bud and Mrs. Bud, Jr... my son's newest phrase? "Diego Bites!". LMAO!!! Ah, gotta love that little rascal dog. Cool as shit.

20. Stretch

Time for Diego to meet Hemi...