My tale of the GSM experience...

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by 1bad4dr, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Yes, sense much tension I do.

2. Cheatek

Cheatek SRT once, SRT always

I just never seen Ron so upset and vocal about something. Kinda nice to see the passion but also a little scary ... "he's gonna blow" lol!

3. MotherMopar

Ron's blows everytime he's drunk, then blames it on beer goggles...

4. Cheatek

I GOTTA get together with all you guys at least once, I don't just wanna read about a story, I wanna be PART of a story, lol! :band:

5. Cheatek

Hey Ron, a little off topic here but I'm curious, so what are your future plans for your ride??? Everyone is always talkin bout what they're gonna do or what they want to do, everyone but you (least not that I recall), what do you have planned for that beauty of yours in the future??

6. MotherMopar

The best place is the SF... but, there are other things that occur from time to time...

7. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

start a new thread..

8. DanRealtor

DanRealtor New Member

Hmmm

Scott didn't throw me under the bus yesterday (or any other day). The "Sabotage in CA" story was an interesting read. That story will have it's own happy ending.

As for this thread: Did I read correctly? Ron has 1 motor that blew up, that he says was not Scott's fault. Ron has second motor fail, that was the dealer's fault, again not Scott's fault. Ron has been running a GSM Supercharger for what 2 1/2, 3 years now. Scott has tuned and retuned numerous times. Scott has covered numerous expenses, automotive and otherwise that according to Ron he didn't have to, but did and Ron appreciates it. Ron felt shortchanged when he arrived before spring fling and amid all of the prep for the gathering he didn't get as much of Scott as he would have liked. Ron gets misinformation from 2 different sources about MAP sensors and Tunes, and now Scott is a bad guy?

BTW: I was here, at GSM with George and Johan from Diablosport, when Scott brought up the MAP sensor issue and they both stated in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that the car WOULD NOT BE RUNNING if it had a 1 bar MAP sensor in it. PERIOD. Not, it might blow up, not "Im surprised your car didn't blow up". It WOULD NOT BE RUNNING. The car DID NOT HAVE A 1 BAR MAP SENSOR, nor was it a 2 bar scaled down to a 1 bar. The locked down tune file APPEARED to be a 1 bar, it's that simple.

Say what you want: Scott still built and/or tuned ALL of the fastest & quickest vehicles at the Spring Festival. We have built and continue to build LX's and Jeeps that kick ass, on the Strip. Road & Track.

H-Town Realtor: Someone else is working on the cancer thing. Capptain Kirk took care of the Klingons eons ago (duh). We are working on making fast SRT-8's and RT's faster.

Fast56K: Junior and I have been communicating regarding pass through warrantee issues.

Ron: I also consider you a friend.

9. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

GS motor sports = hennessy and we all know how great they are

10. 8yourM5

8yourM5 Full Access Member

What about all the other cars he has Fed over and mess up? care to tell us how its not gs's fault. I am just saying man there is more than 20 of us who cant stand ur boss or his company. I mean yea if it was just one or two people what ever but it seem like its any one that ever went there.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  11. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

THE "EQ" is giving out free hugs......................................:friends:

The past is the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't change it, but "WE" can learn from it:bigwink:

12. MotherMopar

I know people have good and bad things to say about most other folks, but it just seems that there are way too many bad things said about GSM for any sane person to put their faith and money in their hands.

I went to GSM to install my Zoomers and they did a good job (they had them there - I bought them used). I went to GSM to buy my predator... but was quoted at least 2 different prices despite 3 people 'on the case'... I ended up going elsewhere. My best pal bought some parts from GSM (incl. install)... we were reassurred that the parts were in house and drove the 2+ hrs to GSM, we still waited hours for the parts to arrive because they hadn't, despite confirmation to the contrary; ended up discovering that one part wasn't even new (scratched and not in packaging upon arrival) and later discovered that the other parts were 'new' but were a previous generation and didn't function as-well-as/with-the-ease of, the newer generation. But, still paid the price.

There was some 'backroom' chat and at least in my case, I was offered a tune for the car for the pricing mishap.

So, while these examples are not world-ending events onto themselves, the totality of all the stories from RELIABLE folks can not be dismissed no matter what is said to the contrary.

The dozens of folks who have stated issues with GSM can not ALL be wrong. The only consistency is that GSM has been mentioned as the offending party.

Personally, they didn't screw me, so I don't have a dog in the fight... but, I won't use their services anylonger just to prevent anything negative from occurring.

13. JMatt

JMatt Platinum Supporting Member

What percentage of poor customer results would be considered failure?

10%?
    20%?

What would you think of a company that pissed off a whopping 33% of its customers?

For every one upset customer, we ought to be seeing at least two happy guys just to get to 33% customer dissatisfaction.

If you think 10% is OK, then for every one guy who feels cheated, we ought to see 9 guys with positive results.

So what ratio are we seeing reported? Certainly some customers will be 100% satisfied. No one ticks off EVERYONE, right?

I for one, have no personal knowledge on any of this. I live in Indiana and do all of my own mechanic work.

But I can watch and do some mental math and start to draw conclusions.......

By the way - almost none of the quickest/fastest LX's in the country came from any vendor in SoCal.

A couple, yes. But overall - almost none.

14. CentralTexHemi

CentralTexHemi PUNISHER

Texas FTW-LOL

15. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Start running 3000 to 5000 DA with those back east cars and see how quick and fast they are. Case in point all the excuses for shitty times at what was it, Columbus or Indy, and the DA wasn't even 3000.

16. Cheatek

Sorry Ron, will do. :sorry:

17. Junior

Junior New Member

Actually, there has been word. Pops tasked me with taking care of it a month or so ago. Dan and I have been talking regularly, and he is working with me to get all the paperwork taken care of. Scott dropped that ball apparently, but Dan picked it up.

That's all the detail I need to go into publicly, and no, it hasn't been taken care of yet, but it's being sorted out as we speak.

18. DanRealtor

DanRealtor New Member

Spring Fling

Spring Fling is and has been the largest gathering of LX's. And very well organized (Thanks FatChance & Ozzie).

Which cars & Jeeps had the quickest ET's & Trap Speeds this year?

Who built them? GSM

Who tuned them? Scott at GSM

(props to the guy with the fastest NA Car with one headlight, sorry I don't remember his name)

Last years track day after spring fling: Who was the fastest at Fontana? (me) All with bolt-on's and a tune from GSM.

You East Coast guys can complain about the airstrip or weather or whatever. The conditions were the same for all of us. Sorry, we missed the UnderWater Nationals in Ohio, I heard it was a great event.

Talk all the trash you want. Nobody has brought more performance parts to market than GSM. GSM has been the first with most of the mods now copied by other companies. Our customer base is counted in the thousands with supercharged cars and Jeeps around the world.

Scott tunes the cars our competitors put out with competing kits and actually gets them to perform.

19. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

Nobody has blown up as many cars either.

20. Hemi31

Hemi31 [email protected]

What excuses?Not sure anyone had excuses.......I think it's time to put up there buddy.....we still haven't seen any times out of yours there.