My tale of the GSM experience...

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by 1bad4dr, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Ok guys,

My intentions with my story was NOT to start fights or bash on any one person or person's. I am sorry that it is starting to come to that.

I merely felt it time to share my emotions and situations with everyone.

If you guys can remember back to my OP (Original Post), the first two paragraphs were compliments to GSM.

I did have many GREAT times and dealings with GSM and those thoughts will forever be inbedded to my memories. I would like to forget about the worst of times that led me to this thread.

Thanks.

2. JMatt

JMatt Platinum Supporting Member

Please. I have always respected you. Until I read this post.

UnderWater Nationals? You're seriously mocking people based on weather conditions? (BTW - I didn't personally make the event, having been in a near-fatal accident 8 days before hand - so you can personally bite me).

There's a list of the quickest LX's on the planet. Check the timeslip database here, at lxf, and at srt8oc. Let me know which ones you find that did their best on YOUR parts and YOUR tunes.

DA? Who's complaining about DA? Last I checked SoCal was near an ocean.
    As you said - GSM has cars all over the world!!!! So where's your fast eastern cars? Midwestern cars? Southern cars?

Your only cars are at 5,000 feet and waah waah waah. Cry me a river. Who's bitchin' about DA now?

You had quick times at an event in your own back yard. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm pretty sure at the event in Indy this Friday, the quickest, fastest SRT-8 will be mine. built by me. Tuned by me. La-da-frickin-da.

Your quickness to get so defensive - at me of all people speaks volumes, and is dissappointing. Perhaps you can ask our partners what my behind the scenes comments about YOU had been up until this post.

Charlatan.

3. DanRealtor

DanRealtor New Member

Huh?

JMatt, are you serious?

The "Underwater Nationals" was a joke. Dude, lighten up! The weather was ridiculous and I was REALLY glad that I didn't go cross country to be in it.

I know you had a near fatal accident and was glad to see that you and your wife were okay (especially after seeing the pictures, yikes!) I am glad that you weren't driving a friggin Prius, the Avalanche held up well.

The DA's part was in response to a, um, competitor, who did complain, and did say that he had come out to "Our air, and our poorly prepped airstrip" and challenged us to come out there. I don't need to name names do I.

BTW: Defensive? Me? Wait, one guy posts something negative about GSM, the usuals pile on with crap to say, most of whom never bought anything from GSM in the first place, then when I post up anything positive, and factual, I'm being defensive?

JMatt, Congrats on being the first LX in the 10's, Good Luck on Friday!

Dan

4. JMatt

JMatt Platinum Supporting Member

Thank you.

FWIW: I am VERY defensive about that event. It wasn't my event, but I spent 6 months planning for nothing BUT that event. Then some asshat runs a stop sign and nearly kills me.

P.S. - I haven't posted this before, but my wife is NOT OK, and appears to be permanently disabled after all.

So I apologize for getting riled up, but comments relating to that event, and who did/didn't go quick really upset me, because a large part of my life was fricken ruined right before that event.

Rant over.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

5. DanRealtor

DanRealtor New Member

Sorry

Sorry JMatt.

I hope your wife does make a full recovery. Your accident and your injuries and your wife's injuries are not something I would ever dare make light of.

Someone who did come west challenged us to come east. We didn't make that event, but hopefully we'll all wind up an event together somewhere in the future.

BTW: You have never seen me posted any "corrected" times anywhere. I don't correct, nor do I make excuses. I run what I run. So far 12.62 at Speedworld with Hal & Ron, on street tires & crappy air was my best 1/4. 8.075 on DR's at Irwindale was my best 1/8th mile (so far)

On the GSM Topic: I took over as GM on 3/21/08. I have tried and continue to try to treat every customer the way I would want to be treated. Whether it's a phone order getting shipped, or someone coming in for an install, I share my enthusiasm for the SRT-8's and 5.7's and give people the best advice I can about what to mod, and when not to.

I invite anyone who has ANY challenges with any GSM product or experience to call me at the shop 562-777-1075, or email me at Dan@GSMotorsports and I will do everything I can to try and make it right. Email is preferred just due to the call volume, and the fact that I can respond to emails at all hours.

6. Fast56k

Fast56k New Member

Just goes to show how some things can be a misunderstanding.

C.

7. OMSRT8

OMSRT8 Full Access Member

X2 (both vendors mentioned)

8. DRKNE55

DRKNE55 The Badguy

everyone gets defensive when they are trying to backup the company they work for. im sure i would do the same thing youre doing here dan.

im also pretty sure that when scott fucks up with you for the last time, you will quit and come here to talk about all the shit hes done during your time at gsm.

9. Blown7

Blown7 SRTC Good Guy

BTW where is the I Charger?? That should have been shipping in May???

10. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend.

11. FlyByU

FlyByU Vroom vroom

I did most of my ranting over on lxforums and just got around to readng this one. DanRealtor seems to think only those that have been customers have the right to discuss this. Fortunately for me, the stories Ive heard from GSM customers has saved me a huge about of heartache since it has steered me clear of dealing with GSM.

I hope that this message reaches far and wide. Enough with the secrets and lets be honest, GSM is a vendor that will not come through and regardless of what anyone wants to say, sells sub par products. Just because a company makes the first "whatever" for your car, sure as heck doesnt make it the best much less any good.

12. FlyByU

FlyByU Vroom vroom

I didnt have a shitty time, 11.45. Not too bad for a non GSM car.

13. dry lakes wheel man

dry lakes wheel man Full Access Member

Blown7 asked about the I Charger..I to would also like to know whats happening with it??

14. NetNathan

NetNathan Not the Momma

I don't really understand why we are even discussing what vendor tunes the fastest cars.
    If that vendor is going to mislead you about the tune you got, the parts you bought, or any work that was done..... then this is something members should be aware of this before they deal with them. That is what this thread is about.

And in regards to fast tunes.... I don't want the fastest tune if my piston tops are burning off or valves are burning due to a "hot" tune.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  15. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I still don't have an I-Charger, had to be retooled, it's to fugging hot, and my car is at GSM. I never said the GSM car's were the fastest. My car was the fastest at Springfest, at a little over 120, was finally running a 150 shot, had DA in the 600' to 900' range, best my car has ever seen, we kept blowing the DR's off the car in 1st and 2nd. It had an easy sub 11.50 run in it, if we had some traction. An old air strip with about a quart of VHT on the starting line.
    The 426 dyno'd 512 NA, I still have the 150 shot on it. I think there might be some decent et's available with 650 to 660RWHP.

I'm just funning with you guys. I know how easy it is to get your shit hot. We know you won't be able to duplicate your winter and spring numbers in the summer with the same setups. See, I did it again. LOL

Remember, I get the Senior Citizen 3 tenths spot, and a half second DA spot.

16. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Man, you take spots and 'shots'... Hal, you the man! LMAO!!!

17. FlyByU

FlyByU Vroom vroom

Does retooled mean not gonna ever happen?

:)

18. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Pre-production was billet, production will be cast.

My heads and cam are built for a Roots Type Twin Screw, not rotary SC, not turbo, and not NA, even thought my motor did 512 NA.

Big Lift, Big Duration, and large LSA. Big Valves, big ports, big runners, big combustion chambers.

So I'll turn it up to 25 lbs of boost and a 300 shot. That should give me 10's even at Wenzhuan, on the Qinghai-Tibet road. It is 16,730 feet above sea level.

19. NYCSRTATE

NYCSRTATE Maximus Want 2 Go Fastius

Ron kudos my friend for putting this put there, I for one have has 3 experiences with GSM and all were disasters.

Sorry man is GSM was handing out free condoms I would steer clear at this point.

20. dry lakes wheel man

dry lakes wheel man Full Access Member

Hal...what is the difference between a roots type supercharger or a screw type supercharger (in terms of what the engine sees)???? Boost is Boost. I dont know why heads and cam change is required between one supercharger or another. I would think what RPM your gonna run and how much boost would dictate the cam spec and valve springs not the type of supercharger....